Questions about new rims & offset

AE1M

I decided that I want to replace my factory chrome rims with black rims of some sort.  While researching, I see we need to know the offset, something I never considered.  I cant seem to locate what the OEM rims are and order close to the same.  Anyone know what that spec is, and maybe a recommendation of some high quality aftermarket rims?

Thanks,

Bob

Just now, AE1M said:

I decided that I want to replace my factory chrome rims with black rims of some sort.  While researching, I see we need to know the offset, something I never considered.  I cant seem to locate what the OEM rims are and order close to the same.  Anyone know what that spec is, and maybe a recommendation of some high quality aftermarket rims?

Thanks,

Bob

The OEM rims are +24mm
"2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 - 2wd & 4wd
Factory 17x8.0 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.44" Inches
Factory 18x8.5 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.70" Inches
Factory 20x9.0 Wheel Offset = +27 mm - Back Space = 6.06" Inches
Factory 22x9.0 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.94" Inches
Lug Pattern = 6 x 139.7"

https://performancelifts.com/wheel-back-space-information.html

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AE1M said:

... and maybe a recommendation of some high quality aftermarket rims?

I didn't want to go aftermarket and bought these from the Chevrolet store (i, also, went with black lug nuts and black center cap - not shown in the pic on the link):
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/18-x-85-inch-cast-aluminum-6-split-spokewheel-package-in-low-gloss-black-wpkg-101854?vin=3GCPCRECXHG303310&categoryId=159501

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

Wicked expensive!   How much additional were the lug nuts, TPMS etc…. Did you just bring new tires for them to install on the wheels?  What did they hit you for calibration etc…?

28 minutes ago, AE1M said:

Wicked expensive!   How much additional were the lug nuts, TPMS etc…. Did you just bring new tires for them to install on the wheels?  What did they hit you for calibration etc…?

Yeah, they are expensive. I had 35s installed, did the claibration on my own wit a FlashPaq F5 tuner (I've used it for other tuning, as well.)
I think, out the door, it was about $2785 but I bought back in March and the price was less back then.
The wheel lug and center cap cost was about $400.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeBMW said:

I didn't want to go aftermarket and bought these from the Chevrolet store (i, also, went with black lug nuts and black center cap - not shown in the pic on the link):
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/18-x-85-inch-cast-aluminum-6-split-spokewheel-package-in-low-gloss-black-wpkg-101854?vin=3GCPCRECXHG303310&categoryId=159501

OUCH!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy Bear said:

OUCH!!

Indeed, but I saved up for it and it's what I wanted.
I went with Chevy wheels so if something goes wrong, I have a place to blame.
Also, my service guy noticed a small scratch on one of the wheels and I had it fixed for free.
Great service at my dealer, fortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

I have to quote myself as my initial link was for a wheel and tire package.
I just bought the rims as I already had the 35s. Also, the necessary calibration is for the TPMS sensors, I calibrated mine, after Chevy calibrated the TPMS sensors only because I installed larger tires.
Sorry.
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/18x85-inch-aluminum-6-split-spoke-wheel-in-low-gloss-black-23386631?vin=3GCPCRECXHG303310&categoryId=106003

Edited by MikeBMW

34 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I have to quote myself as my initial link was for a wheel and tire package.
I just bought the rims as I already had the 35s. Also, the necessary calibration is for the TPMS sensors, I calibrated mine, after Chevy calibrated the TPMS sensors only because I installed larger tires.
Sorry.
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/18x85-inch-aluminum-6-split-spoke-wheel-in-low-gloss-black-23386631?vin=3GCPCRECXHG303310&categoryId=106003

Ouch! 

:rollin:

• Like 1

I say ouch too Mike.

That's sticker price almost on the top of the line chrome 22s. 

My 22s were a $2995 option. I got them for 2 grand.  Sold them for $1500

tapatalk_513645500.jpeg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...