94 gmc k1500

Hello 

I have installed a new crate engine and all new parts under the hood no exceptions.

I installed a holley 502-9 670 cfm TBI and a spacer. My problem is the throttle is sticking only when the truck is running I have to blip the pedal to get it to un stuck. When the truck isn't running it doesn't stick what's so ever. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Skero said:

Hello 

I have installed a new crate engine and all new parts under the hood no exceptions.

I installed a holley 502-9 670 cfm TBI and a spacer. My problem is the throttle is sticking only when the truck is running I have to blip the pedal to get it to un stuck. When the truck isn't running it doesn't stick what's so ever. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Try a stronger return spring. The obvious question I was going to ask I’ll pass on.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:55 AM, Skero said:

Just seems weird that it would work fine while it's not running but as soon as it's running that's when it sticks. I was thinking vaccum but I've checked everywhere and no leaks. 

So what changes between not running and running? Intake manifold vacuum. It would be sucking the butterflies down into the throat with more suction. I'm not familiar with that throttle body but look for some kind of adjustment for the rod holding the butterflies. You might then have to change the idle somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the problem is the intake manifold but not vaccum related it's an aftermarket holley intake and the throttle body sits further away from the the accelerator and cruise control cables. They don't have adjustments so I will have to try and bend the bracket forward or something along them lines.