Which BDS lift kit to get?

Hey everyone, 

I've got a 2015 Silverado 1500 5.3 with the 6 speed and factory 3.42 gears. 

I'm looking into lift kits and have decided I want to run either a BDS 6" strut replacement kit, BDS 6" Coil over kit, or the 8" Coil over kit. I've found the main differences to be

Wheel and Tire Size

Size of Diff drop

Garage Clearance

I'm looking at running 35x12.5r20 with a 20x10 -24 if I do one of the 6" kits or 35x13.5r20 with 20x12 -44 with the 8" kit. Either setup would be re-geared to 4.11's

From my research, the 6" kits don't drop the diff the full 6", its more like a 4" with a leveling kit where the 8" kit is a full 8" drop. 

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've seen other members say their 6" kits with 35's were at roughly 81" tall, which puts a 8" kit up to 83" tall. Ive noticed most garage door openings are only 82" tall on a 7ft door. So maybe with some modifications could be made to 84" tall? 

Just looking for opinions on what you guys would do.

Included a photoshop of my end goal

IMG_5919.JPG

1 hour ago, m3n00b said:

I never really understood the purpose of the 8" kit when you can run the same size tire on the 6" and fit in more places.   I have the 6" coiI over kit on 35x12.5s and love it.  

Some guys like to be up higher. Like myself.

Sometimes I wish I would have went with the Bulletproof 12" lift instead of the 10.5" lift I have.

Then I could run Fawtys.🤣

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Some guys like to be up higher. Like myself.

Sometimes I wish I would have went with the Bulletproof 12" lift instead of the 10.5" lift I have.

Then I could run Fawtys.🤣

Same here bro, maybe on my next truck I’ll do that but wife wants a yukon so idk yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 2:26 PM, m3n00b said:

I never really understood the purpose of the 8" kit when you can run the same size tire on the 6" and fit in more places.   I have the 6" coiI over kit on 35x12.5s and love it.  

It’s really just a matter of trimming and angles. If I decide on the 12 wides I don’t want to cut the crap out of the truck. And the 8” kit drops the diff closer to factory angles.