Adding Garage Door Opener to Upper Console

I have a 21 Silverado that did not come with the garage door opener on the upper console. I wanted to know if anyone has added this option to their truck that did not have it? If so, was the wiring already present? What model did you order? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

John

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, Middleton said:

I have a 21 Silverado that did not come with the garage door opener on the upper console. I wanted to know if anyone has added this option to their truck that did not have it? If so, was the wiring already present? What model did you order? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

John

recently did mine on my 2021 elevation. I am sure its the same process. it is plug and play.

• 7 months later...

I added it to my truck. I also had all the wiring. So, I think some yt tutorials on the topic may help you out. I've had some problems with my garage app. The doors just wouldn't open, which was a big problem. I managed to find the solution on youtube. Someone recommended me to change my doors to https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/garage-doors/. And you know it really solved my issue. I just had to reinstall the system, and it worked out great for me. So, if you have a problem, you should always remember that someone might have already solved it.

Edited by LouerDob