Left front window goes back down after I roll it back up

Wiggums

OM has info about this problem.

It might be because it thinks it is hitting an obstruction and the safety is opening it back up. 

Has it had a 'low' or disconnected battery? 

Regardless....

Window Automatic Reversal System
The express-close feature will reverse window movement if it comes in contact with an object.

Extreme cold or ice could cause the window to auto-reverse.

The window will operate normally after the object or condition is removed. 

Automatic reversal can be overridden....

Automatic Reversal System Override
{Warning
If automatic reversal system override is active, the window will not reverse automatically. You or others could be
injured and the window could be damaged. Before using automatic reversal system override, make sure that all
people and obstructions are clear of the window path.

When the engine is on, override the automatic reversal system by pulling and holding the window switch if conditions prevent it from closing. 

but you may need to 'reprogram' the windows....

Programming the Power Windows

Programming may be necessary if the vehicle battery has been disconnected or discharged. If the window is unable to
express-up, program each express-close window:

1. Close all doors.
2. Turn the ignition on or to ACC/ ACCESSORY.
3. Partially open the window to be programmed.

Then close it and continue to pull the switch briefly after the window has fully closed.
4. Open the window and continue to press the switch briefly after the window has fully opened.

Be sure to complete all four steps.

• Like 1

Never had a low or disconnected battery. I'm in southern California so it's not cold or hot outside. Never been in 50°F or less temperatures. I will try programming the power windows though, thanks!

On 10/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, MTY55 said:

Do you have inchannel ventvisors on it.  My 16 used to do it once in a while.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:03 PM, redwngr said:

Crap accumulated in weather stripping, window or mechanism in door that is loose are other possible causes. 

Anything that makes the window motor work harder than is expected. 

17 hours ago, remanaz said:

This happens to me if I hit a large bump in the road while using the express up mode. Do you remember if you hit a bump or pothole in the road at the same time?

It's always been clean, conditions aren't dusty at all, and I have never hit a pothole. In fact, I very rarely rolled it down the whole time I owned it. The motor doesn't seem to be working harder than the others. It has only 7,500 miles on it.

59 minutes ago, remanaz said:

It doesn't have to be a pothole. Mine happens while going over a speed bump. Any moderate bump might do it. 

Not really. I don't take it four wheeling anyway. No bumps, really. About 90% of the miles are highway. I don't see why that would happen. I just tried to reset it just now.. nope, after I get it all the way up and then back down then hit the down button again, then get it back up, it just goes up for about 1/3 of the way then automatically reverses itself back down. Just now, I had to do it about eight times and then finally it went up and closed. The last time I opened the window was at Costco car wash about a month ago and have not used it since then.