3.0 LM2 DEF gauge stuck on full

36 minutes ago, fireaxxe said:

Had the crank no start, got the software update. Starting issue is gone now my DEF gauge is not working. Anyone else?

C’mon GM get ya ****** together!

How many miles since it was filled it?

Was it filled to 'overflow'? 

I've been filling from a metered pump, so it's been filled until the nozzle clicks off, or a little more.

Haven't had the crank/no-start update done to mine yet.  

Kinda hard to tell which segments are dark/light in this diagram, but they are supposed to be ABOUT 1/2 gallon per LED --except for the last one, which is supposed to represent a gallon. 

Maybe I'm overfilling. 

MIne does seem to give more 'miles' on first LED than it does on the others. After first top-off I also wondered if it was stuck. 

image.thumb.png.4327c9d2064e3efe74e3273aadb5c373.png

10 hours ago, redwngr said:

How many miles since it was filled it?

Was it filled to 'overflow'? 

I've been filling from a metered pump, so it's been filled until the nozzle clicks off, or a little more.

Haven't had the crank/no-start update done to mine yet.  

Kinda hard to tell which segments are dark/light in this diagram, but they are supposed to be ABOUT 1/2 gallon per LED --except for the last one, which is supposed to represent a gallon. 

Maybe I'm overfilling. 

MIne does seem to give more 'miles' on first LED than it does on the others. After first top-off I also wondered if it was stuck. 

image.thumb.png.4327c9d2064e3efe74e3273aadb5c373.png

According to those calculations when I refilled it I had a total of 4.5 gallons then drove 1800 miles. I noticed that the manual list the total tank size at 5.3 gal. It makes sense that the last full bar represents 1.8 gallons of def when at full capacity. However I’ve towed for about 300miles and drove in various conditions for another 1500 miles and I’m thinking it should have used over gallon of DEF.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:35 AM, redwngr said:

I bet it shuts off the first LED 'soon'.

You were right. This morning it went from full down to half. I don’t know if this is a programming issue or the float was stuck. Anyone have this happen yet?

2 hours ago, fireaxxe said:

You were right. This morning it went from full down to half. I don’t know if this is a programming issue or the float was stuck. Anyone have this happen yet?

There is no float. It use sensors like a water/grey/Black tank in an RV. The DEF is allowed to freeze so a float wouldn't last long.

Jay

I can recall others reporting similar concern. 

Often with a change in usage that caused a significant change in fuel consumption. 

Mine has always gone down one segment at a time.