Passenger side auto-dimming mirror

So I just found out that my truck apparently doesn't have a basic function of a passenger side auto-dimming side mirror. I'm a little baffled by the stupid decisions by gm. Anyway, is this something that can be purchased for the passenger side? I haven't driven at night much since owning my truck and this week we went to the fiancées family out of town and I realized when I got blinded this was excluded. I really question how a 30k subaru has some basic features a 70k gm product doesn't. 

Anyway, I do want to add this if possible. Anyone know of the part to add this if possible? 

I didn't know this was a thing.  I thought GM only did auto dimming on rear view mirrors mounted onto the windshield.  I know this tech exists for other brands that are more "luxurious", but they typically only place them on cars because trucks usually blind them from behind.  Therefore, I'm not sure if Chevy made this available for the Silverado.  If not, tinting the door window will help.  Tinting would also be cheaper than replacing mirrors, too.

Here's a question I have.  What was behind you that was tall enough to blind you while in your truck?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Transient said:

I didn't know this was a thing.  I thought GM only did auto dimming on rear view mirrors mounted onto the windshield.  I know this tech exists for other brands that are more "luxurious", but they typically only place them on cars because trucks usually blind them from behind.  Therefore, I'm not sure if Chevy made this available for the Silverado.  If not, tinting the door window will help.  Tinting would also be cheaper than replacing mirrors, too.

Here's a question I have.  What was behind you that was tall enough to blind you while in your truck?

HD truck, actually. 😂

I just can't believe they put it in the driver side and apperently didn't do the passenger. This was a "feature", not a bug, according to car and driver in 2019. I thought it was a qc issue when it happened and I had just noticed it. Then upon searching, this was an actual decision within gm. Baffling to me. 

I have tinted windows two. I just despise being blinded from other vehicles. 

I only need one mirror, I just can't seem to find the part # to obtain the one for the passenger side to match the driver side. 

Edited by 1454

6 hours ago, 1454 said:

HD truck, actually. 😂

I just can't believe they put it in the driver side and apperently didn't do the passenger. This was a "feature", not a bug, according to car and driver in 2019. I thought it was a qc issue when it happened and I had just noticed it. Then upon searching, this was an actual decision within gm. Baffling to me. 

I have tinted windows two. I just despise being blinded from other vehicles. 

I only need one mirror, I just can't seem to find the part # to obtain the one for the passenger side to match the driver side. 

This makes me wonder if they even make one

• Like 1

I could be wrong but I don't think GM makes such a thing as a passenger side dimming mirror.

Edit:  Just did a quick search on the Google machine and it is talked about here, they don't make one.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09/2019-sierra-features-only-one-auto-dimming-mirror/

Edited by 19 Denali ultimate
Research
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 2:43 PM, 19 Denali ultimate said:

I could be wrong but I don't think GM makes such a thing as a passenger side dimming mirror.

Edit:  Just did a quick search on the Google machine and it is talked about here, they don't make one.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09/2019-sierra-features-only-one-auto-dimming-mirror/

That article shows so many things wrong with the management at that company. Baffling. Thanks. I saw it was an actual decision at GM in another article, but I was hoping I could "add" it. Clearly that isn't the case.