05 silverado crank no start

Michael Reece

Question

ok first off I am a Ford Master tech thats getting my ass kicked by this Silverado. ok I parked it shut it off walked away came back few hours later and crank no start and no power windows or locks....acts like security sys is engaged. ive done all prelim checks, codes none, fuel press. good  fuses good. I am thinking something is wrong with the BCM

6 answers to this question

These things have notoriously crappy wiring and grounds. Start with those first. These trucks can frustrate the crap out of you, leading you down the rabbit hole. Engineers today need a severe beating by every tech that's wasted half his life troubleshooting these turds.

Could very well be the BCM, but check the basics first.

Edited by Jsdirt

7 hours ago, Michael Reece said:

FUNNY....**** YOU THEN

Uh, it was not intended as a joke or jab.

What is a Ford Master Tech?

Someone that runs a Ford service department, someone that teaches others, someone that does the most difficult types of repairs? Someone with at least 20 years experience? Someone that graduated from the highest level of Ford repair training?

12 hours ago, Michael Reece said:

ok first off I am a Ford Master tech thats getting my ass kicked by this Silverado. ok I parked it shut it off walked away came back few hours later and crank no start and no power windows or locks....acts like security sys is engaged. ive done all prelim checks, codes none, fuel press. good  fuses good. I am thinking something is wrong with the BCM

I would try some starting fluid down the intake and see if she starts and work back from there, I would also pull the battery leads for a few minutes and see what happens after hooking the battery back up. I have seen these things act strange due to a weak battery even though it turns over.