2022 2500hd LT Chrome door handles

I did some searching and did find a couple of post regarding chrome door handles.  I am suppose to receive my truck very soon.  Red Hot color, but I would like to install chrome door handles.  I know that there is a part available, 84102097,  but these do not include the passive entry buttons.  I am really not sure if my LT has those buttons on all doors, or just 2, but I have searched plenty of GM/Chevy part sites and there doesn't appear to be a part number for these handles with the buttons, which seems odd.  Appreciate any info if someone has worked through this.  My questions are:

1.  I know that the handles with the buttons have a wire harness,  would it be possible to just use the handles without the buttons and leave the harness disconnected?  or is there some other internal component in the door that would "Need" this connection to avoid an error/code message?

2.  Would there be another chevy/gmc vehicle that would use the same door handles?

Thanks

23 hours ago, crf450r said:

I did some searching and did find a couple of post regarding chrome door handles.  I am suppose to receive my truck very soon.  Red Hot color, but I would like to install chrome door handles.  I know that there is a part available, 84102097,  but these do not include the passive entry buttons.  I am really not sure if my LT has those buttons on all doors, or just 2, but I have searched plenty of GM/Chevy part sites and there doesn't appear to be a part number for these handles with the buttons, which seems odd.  Appreciate any info if someone has worked through this.  My questions are:

1.  I know that the handles with the buttons have a wire harness,  would it be possible to just use the handles without the buttons and leave the harness disconnected?  or is there some other internal component in the door that would "Need" this connection to avoid an error/code message?

2.  Would there be another chevy/gmc vehicle that would use the same door handles?

Thanks

The kit you see from GM Accessories is for trucks without passive entry.  

With passive entry, you have to get individual handles for each door in chrome and then the bezel right next to the handle.

Front doors - x2 of 84807766 handle, 84496194 right side bezel, 84496226 driver door bezel.

On the rear doors, its all going to depend on if your truck is built with 2 door passive entry or 4 door passive entry.  There is an RPO code for both passive entry setups.  ATH is all 4 doors, AVJ is just the two fronts.  

Rear doors with RPO code ATH all 4 doors passive - x2 84807768 handle with rear passive entry, x2 84496194 bezel.

Rear doors with RPO code AVJ front door passive only - x2 of 84807767 handle without passive entry, x2 84496194 bezel.

If you have 4 door passive entry and you put two non passive handles on the back, the system will set codes for each rear door, however I don't know if it would disable the fronts from working or not.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

This is great!! Thanks to all.  Much better response and information than calling several GM dealership parts departments and Gm Accessories.  👏 

I would have added this as an option when ordering, but would not allow me to order with the color and wheels that I chose.

Appreciate it very much!

• 1 month later...

I have a set from my 21 Denali HD.  All have the lock/unlock button on them.  $100 for the set plus shipping.  Be sure your truck has buttons on all the handles.  DM me if interested.