2020 Silverado-window noise/groan when wet?

On 1/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, jtlans said:

2020 Silverado

When the driver's side front window is rolled up when wet, it makes a loud groan. Has anyone else experienced similar? I have cleaned the window thoroughly and this was not helpful. Any insight is appreciated.

I do get this on occasion. It's not very loud for me and only happens every once in a while.

It hasn't bothered me enough and hasn't been replicate-able enough for me to take it into service for it.

Seems like it's just something rubbing that's causing some weird resonance. 

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same issue whenever it rains or go through a car wash, the driver side window will make loud growl when the glass gets near the down position and it makes the noise going both up and down.  The dealer has replaced the window actuator and the internal seal, but the noise is still there when ever it rains or I go through the car wash.  Dealer is asking GM what to do.  My truck is a GMC Sierra X31 2022.

Sounds like something is scratching the glass inside the door ... awful.  Mine has done it from day one as well.  Figured it was just another crappy design.  Can't imagine GM actually doing anything about it.

Absolutely no scratching on window what so ever,  when window is dry it works just like new and all the other windows.  But as soon as it rains or went through a car wash it has a low hum or growl when rolling up and down until the window it dry again then it works fine again.