2021 Silverado Tailgate only lowers about a foot then stops/gets stuck - any ideas?

Hey folks. New to the forum and have learned a lot - thanks to everyone who takes the time to help others out.

I have a 2021 Silverado 3500 SRW long box crew cab LT (might be LTZ). Anyway, I took the tailgate off this fall so I could put my Northern Lite camper in the box for hunting season. Now that hunting is over, I took the camper off and re-installed the tailgate. Problem is, when I press the button to open the tailgate it lowers about 1 foot or so and then stops and it appears to get stuck. I can close it back up fine, but cannot get the tailgate to drop more than a foot before it gets stuck. Do any of you experts have any insight on how to solve this problem?

Truck is due for its first oil change soon, so was planning on just taking it to the dealer and getting them to fix it. But I like to fix stuff myself when possible. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Jason

Edited by TallMoose

• TallMoose changed the title to 2021 Silverado Tailgate only lowers about a foot then stops/gets stuck - any ideas?