2017 GMC Sierra ALL Terain Rad Leak

Well just developed the Rad Leak on my truck. this week it was in for the transmission they replaced the valve body for the 1-2 hard shift. needless to say truck still slamed into 2 gear right after leaving the dealership. Now i have the rad leak and not sure if they will cover it under the powertrain warrenty. (probably Not). SO dealer says it will be approx 1200 to repalce rad. i SAID YA I DONT think so. Should i get another GM Rad and thermostat with housing? Is there an updated rad and thermostat? or should i go with an aftermarket rad and stat. Buddy of mine has a goodyear center can get the rad Spector Brand for 240.00 plus 40 for thermostat.with housing. going to change it myself this weekend. anyone have a suggestions as to using original rad or should i use an afermarket. if i go with original will the max tow rad fit as another option for better cooling. Has anyone done this mod. Also if someone could post the original Rad product number and thermostat housing? thanks

I'd go aftermarket without flinching, done tons of aftermarket radiators for various parts store. Most come with really good warranties too.

I personally see no reason for the max tow radiator but that is just my opinion. The cooling system is still going to get hot if you pull really heavy loads. The OEM thermostats and the aftermarkets are pretty similar in price. I have a Napa part in my truck, it does the job.

3 hours ago, CamGTP said:

I'd go aftermarket without flinching, done tons of aftermarket radiators for various parts store. Most come with really good warranties too.

I personally see no reason for the max tow radiator but that is just my opinion. The cooling system is still going to get hot if you pull really heavy loads. The OEM thermostats and the aftermarkets are pretty similar in price. I have a Napa part in my truck, it does the job.

Thanks CamGTP Ya I was thinking the same. Just wanted to see if anyone used the original as opposed to aftermarket. ive done quite a few over the years also really never had an issue with aftermarket. Sometimes there better than original OEM. Just look at mine not even 60,000 Klm on my truck and its gone. So far Ive had oil cooler lines done valve body in Transmission - power brake pump - rear top light for leaks - shark fin leak - fold in drivers mirror - New exhaust for the adaptive valve flapping around. rear sliding window track leak. plus a bunch of recalls. GM is really making crap these days. Funny thing is the dealer service guys tell you we don`t see these trucks in for much!!! YA OK (REALLY) seriously thinking to sell the truck. i know every make has some issues but it seems every time i have an issue with my truck there`s 100 rd of people maybe thousands all with the same issues.

Edited by benelli