2011-2014 2500hd extra cab or crew cab?

I’ve decided that my next vehicle is gonna be a 2500 work truck with a 6.0 (transfer case lever for the win) however I can’t decide between the crew cab or the extra cab.  Can actual adults fit in the rear seats of an extra cab?  Won’t be for long rides but I don’t want it to be something that only a contortionist could fit in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glenn Roberts said:

I’ve decided that my next vehicle is gonna be a 2500 work truck with a 6.0 (transfer case lever for the win) however I can’t decide between the crew cab or the extra cab.  Can actual adults fit in the rear seats of an extra cab?  Won’t be for long rides but I don’t want it to be something that only a contortionist could fit in.

My preference is for the extended cab if rear seat passengers would not be a regular occurrence.  Great looking truck!

My crew cab is a real blessing. There's a huge amount of space in the rear area when the seats are folded down. I have two large dogs, so I got a large piece of carpet from Home Depot that goes from the front headrests to the rear window and they're happy as can be. For a work truck, either rear seat can be folded and valuables stored there.

The crew cab short bed (6.5 ft, CCSB) is actually longer than a standard cab long bed (SCLB). This makes the CCSB a great platform for towing, my '03 CCSB 2500HS 6.0 4x4 has a gooseneck hitch in the bed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David89GMC said:

The crew cab short bed (6.5 ft, CCSB) is actually longer than a standard cab long bed (SCLB). 

Huh?

Short beds are 60 inches or so.  Regular beds are 78 inches or so and long beds are about 96 inches.  Been that way for as long as I can remember.