2022 Silverado 2500HD Center Console Wiring

Hey all, I have around 10 hours searching between here and general google searches so I figured let’s make my first post to the boards a question! 

I have a 2022 Silverado 2500HD that I’ll be taking delivery of this Saturday. I made the mistake of assuming there was a usb data port inside the armrest like our 2017. Long and short I see everyone doing these console swaps, I’m not looking to get into that at the current time since this is a work truck for our business but would like to have a port inside.

From everything I’ve gathered from the console swap threads is I potentially need harness part number 84376073 which connects from the center USB port. This harness should then connect to the main console wiring harness part number 84997325. This part shows not available so I’m assuming I could get the one that has wireless connections and not use them. Lastly I would need the in console data port which should be part number 13529862. 

I guess I’m looking for someone who has done the console swap to verify if these are the correct parts to carry data from the dash to the console without actually installing the center console. If I can make this happen I’ll just revise this thread in the even someone else is looking to do what looking to achieve. 

Thanks everyone! 

FFEE2C1E-818E-4DCC-AEF3-39C4ECCF3125.jpeg

7224C240-D9D4-4E8D-9E2B-BC6C249B7F13.jpeg

Edited by JS202137

• JS202137 changed the title to 2022 Silverado 2500HD Center Console Wiring

following as well.  I'm wanting to do similar and tie usb port into back of jumpseat between the rear vents so my kids have access to ports in back seat.  Only other option I've found so far is to get the headrest tablet holders that have usb ports on them through GMPartsDirect website.

I do have the center consoler, and I have purchased the same components but have been reluctant to take everything a part to see if it work or not.  The  real factor might be the bus subsystem it self.  I suspect it will not work due to the the radio setup.  Most of the lower trims ( My LT as well ) has a IOR radio installed.  these systems have a limited capability.  

I am not saying it will not work.  I just don't want tare every thing apart to get to the cable connecting only to find out My Radio infotainment system does not support it.

That is the real question do you need a IOS system to make this work in the first place?

1 hour ago, KTDanforth said:

I do have the center consoler, and I have purchased the same components but have been reluctant to take everything a part to see if it work or not.  The  real factor might be the bus subsystem it self.  I suspect it will not work due to the the radio setup.  Most of the lower trims ( My LT as well ) has a IOR radio installed.  these systems have a limited capability.  

I am not saying it will not work.  I just don't want tare every thing apart to get to the cable connecting only to find out My Radio infotainment system does not support it.

That is the real question do you need a IOS system to make this work in the first place?

I have not purchased anything yet. Being you have, if I were you I’d plug everything in with the existing jump seat in place and see if all the ports, wires, etc. work. If they do I’d do the swap, if not I’d look at the IOS radio. I wasn’t aware the radio may inhibit the use of the data ports since the truck already has them and in theory you’re just extending them. I wonder if the radio could be flashed? Forgive my ignorance if not. 

1 hour ago, funinsun2022 said:

Yeah, I was a little pissed off after the fact once I found out my 2022 2500 had the IOR radio installed and not the IOS.

How does one identify what radio is in their truck? If the upgraded unit is all we would need wouldn’t it be easy enough to order the corresponding headunit and install the wiring from there?

50 minutes ago, funinsun2022 said:

There's a bar code to scan on the inside of your drivers side door.  Once scanned, this should give you some code numbers including what radio is installed (IOR, IOS, etc).  It is not an easy process to upgrade from IOR to IOU.

Just scanned mine, looks like I have the IOR unit as well. If an upgraded unit is required to make all this wiring work, apparently Infotainment was working on a upgrade from the IO5. I just requested an update to where they are in this process.

4 hours ago, JS202137 said:

Just scanned mine, looks like I have the IOR unit as well. If an upgraded unit is required to make all this wiring work, apparently Infotainment was working on a upgrade from the IO5. I just requested an update to where they are in this process.

I have yet to see an option to upgrade.   from an IOR to IOS or higher.

42 minutes ago, JS202137 said:

They stated it on a Facebook post, I didn’t see anything on their site though. I’m honestly ok without upgrading the unit. I mean can you get a LT trimmed truck with the IOR head unit and a center console?

Yes,  that is my current setup but if I had the option/ known before hand I would have paid the extra $400,  more comes with it.  HD radio,  Extra screen controls,   upgrade to navigation now or in the future,  better clean UI.    

Ah so you’re on the other spectrum than me. Didn’t realize you had the whole setup less than the unit and the console plug. I can agree hind sight is always 20/20, knowing what may be involved vs what the initial cost is would be worthwhile. 

Being you have the IO5 and a center console I assume you have the wire that runs from the back of the usb plugs in the dash to your center console. Have you tried any of the non SD card USB data blocks to see if the access would extend?

2 minutes ago, funinsun2022 said:

Infotainment sells this upgrade package.  

I must have missed that. 

I wonder if it would be possible to just cut the existing wires at the dash and extend the leads to the center console…. I honestly never used the dash ones in my 17’ even my non data port I still had plugged inside of the console.