Had the GM card since 1993. Stay away from the Marcus GM card

Too bad about everyone's problems with Marcus. We cashed over 10K worth of GM dollars on 3 new cars in past 10+ years. 

My take on this is that Marcus figures out this new business or they Don't!

Perhaps give them a few months to get on track.

Just saying.

Keep the faith.

15 hours ago, Car5418 said:

Too bad about everyone's problems with Marcus. We cashed over 10K worth of GM dollars on 3 new cars in past 10+ years. 

My take on this is that Marcus figures out this new business or they Don't!

Perhaps give them a few months to get on track.

Just saying.

Keep the faith.

Or expect them to be as good as the managers on the card since 1993. Your excuse is ridiculous.

I think if I had the card since 93 I have slightly more experience with the other card mgrs. 

Issues here as well.  Trying to link my card to the GM rewards and it will not link up.  Marcus states there is a problem and they are trying to fix it.  Weeks gone by.  How long does it take?  Their IT department must be a one man band!  Also noticed that my rewards expire.  Never did that before.  Looks like once I use up my points I'm out. 

It was a good thing for a while but seems to be a total loss now.  Sad!

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I must be one of the lucky ones?  No problems with my 2 cards, personal and business.  Everything is the same as before. I don't do any online payments though, write check every month.  Get po'd with all the security hoops to jump through.

GM only does things that make them money.......

Edited by elcamino

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 11:34 AM, asilverblazer said:

No thought about the cards, but not buying a gm CAR because you don't like how a financial institution is managing your credit card seems a little silly.

The way GM sucks on everything these days, this is just one more last nail in the coffin. There will be no government bailout on their next bankruptcy, unless the transfer GM HQ to Ukraine. 

• 2 months later...

Marcus insisted we get a PIN. We said we never had one in 30 years with GM card, why now? Cause they said so. OK got it. Wife can't use same number. What? Entering second number was nearly impossible. After hours on chat and the phone we got the process handled but they didn't like her digits. Fixed that. Easy Street here we come- not so fast.

My card declined twice in a month buying gas. Tonight I called some place on the other side of the planet with bamboo phones. Their supervisor said when asked asked for a PIN, just hit Enter and type ZIP code.  "Don't enter PIN, the PIN you forced me to get? The PIN that cost this old man precious hours?" That's right. I asked to be marked as Not Happy.

I really haven't had any issues with the GM card as of late, but I haven't been using it much either choosing to rack up airline miles on another card. I heard a clue on one of the financial networks a few weeks ago that might explain all the difficulties. Apparently Goldman Sachs is devoting more of their resources to investment banking, apparently at the expense of their consumer banking business.

Edited by garagerog