Heated seats

So far as I know it doesn't and can't as the passenger has their own controls but I will find out tomorrow. But please tell me either way what I might do... Is it some ^%&$@*%^$ control module?

It could be the module but my first guess is actually the switch. The contacts can corrode and basically "weld" themselves together. Many of the switches on a GMT800 can be opened and cleaned, you could give that a shot before paying for a new switch

• Like 1

Parts geek has it (the switch) for 141 and change but it's outta stock. Rock Auto says they got it for a dollar more. Yeah, I donno... if they were welded closed they wouldn't shut off. I wonder if there isn't some control module involved in what needs a simple switch and relay... Ahhh for the 1964 Galaxie I gave up. EVERY THING was simple.

Edited by dna9656
clarity

Ian;

Which module are we talking about? I also have the issue of the radio not shutting off when the door is opened, it's all but one door (the right rear) I replaced the driver's door latch, but to no avail.

Door sensors; we got DOOR SENSORS? So far as I know the the door latch contains the actual door latch, power door lock mechanism, and the door open switch (that prolly runs a module that turns off the radio)I have had the seat out ans can remember only the power seat and air bag connectors.