On vacation several hours away from home when I stop at a park station that has almost NO phone connections. Truck had ran great for the entire trip up to this point, but when I went to start the truck and continue my travels a problem arose.

No Start

Battery is good, key fob battery is good, everything seems to be working the way it should.

Diagnosis... the plastic plug that connects to the starter has failed.  The clip has broken and the plug is no longer connected.

I push the plug back into place, but there is no "click" due to a tiny plastic part being broken. no way to secure it, so its a 2 person job to start the truck.

1. under the truck pushing the plug into the connector on the starter

2. turning the key to start the truck.

Now i'm looking for others that have had this problem, and what they use to remedy.

I found the starter wire with plug available online and at the local parts store, but would prefer NOT to splice it in

I also found some info on a YouTube video of a guy replacing the plug.

• 4 weeks later...

i ordered multiple plugs from the video posted above. 

after crawling under the truck, with a couple of what i thought were "tiny" screw drivers, i went back into the house and grabbed a paper clip. 

wiggle the paperclip so it breaks into 2 and have 2 good ends to push into the plug next to the wire. 

PERFECTO! 

New plug in place and cap on, back in place and secure.

Bob's your uncle!