2022 2500 multi position tailgate removal

10 minutes ago, Terry Parkin said:

has anyone had one off ?

Yes. And it's very heavy. Don't do it by yourself. Only one multi wire cable has to be unplugged.

I have had mine off and back on three times now. I take it off when my popup slide in truck camper is on.  I made a padded storage crate for it so it doesn’t get damaged sitting in the garage.  

I fully agree it is a two strong person job, ESPECIALLY the first time you take it off. The left side torsion hinge is very tight due to a plastic coating on the mating parts. It took me and my strong adult son 15 minutes of wrestling it to get it off, and when it finally lets go it’s sudden, so be prepared to avoid dinging the truck or tailgate. Some people say to use a tool to pry it off, but no way was a prying tool getting near my new truck. We just applied tension with our arms and moved the right side up and down slightly until it finally came off. It was quite a workout for me lifting the right side up and down for that long. Subsequent times coming off were much easier. Putting it on is relatively easy, and my moderately strong adult daughter helped me with installation one of the times. 

There actually are two cables if you have a tailgate camera (I think all multipros do). There’s the large oval connector and a small FAKRA camera connector underneath between the spare and the bumper, and some cable ties that must be cut. There are videos on line showing the process.  Don’t disconnect the large cable with the tailgate closed or you won’t be able to open it. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2022 at 1:13 AM, Another JR said:

I have had mine off and back on three times now. I take it off when my popup slide in truck camper is on.  I made a padded storage crate for it so it doesn’t get damaged sitting in the garage.  

I fully agree it is a two strong person job, ESPECIALLY the first time you take it off. The left side torsion hinge is very tight due to a plastic coating on the mating parts. It took me and my strong adult son 15 minutes of wrestling it to get it off, and when it finally lets go it’s sudden, so be prepared to avoid dinging the truck or tailgate. Some people say to use a tool to pry it off, but no way was a prying tool getting near my new truck. We just applied tension with our arms and moved the right side up and down slightly until it finally came off. It was quite a workout for me lifting the right side up and down for that long. Subsequent times coming off were much easier. Putting it on is relatively easy, and my moderately strong adult daughter helped me with installation one of the times. 

There actually are two cables if you have a tailgate camera (I think all multipros do). There’s the large oval connector and a small FAKRA camera connector underneath between the spare and the bumper, and some cable ties that must be cut. There are videos on line showing the process.  Don’t disconnect the large cable with the tailgate closed or you won’t be able to open it. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I would also like to help you by sharing https://letsgradeit.com/question-category/college-life/ website with you where you can find reviews for an essay writer easily.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Edited by EricMack

• 7 months later...