power mods

Hey guys! Im looking into doing some easy power mods to my 2016 5.3L silverado. I would love to get atleast 400 whp out of it but I dont know what i should do. a lot of people are doing cams and intakes, would that get me there? I dont want to go forced induction as im low budget (under 2,500). any guidance would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Start simple. My last new truck was a 2014. I could still do a lot with a hand held tune. There’s a tuner who’s a sponsor on this site. Forget numbers it’s about seat of the pants feel. Once you get the tune and turn off cylinder deactivation. Exhaust sound helps with the senses. It sounds faster. Budget minded start with a loud muffler. Is your truck E-85 ready? That’s cheap horsepower. You haven’t spent a lot of money yet. Not enough? Gear it. 373, 456 seat of the pants feel just lite up. Still close to budget. All of what I mentioned so far can be self taught. That’s where the real savings are. 

400 wheel horsepower on $2,500, not going to happen.

That's talking like 100hp gain here. Going to need a different camshaft, different intake, probably a slightly higher stall converter and switching over to E85 and headers.