ON Star Mandatory

Long story short had an order in canx and found one that I wanted being produced sooner,  TPW was 11 JULY,  truck was on a truck 4 hours away Friday expect delivery today.  Its a 2022 2500 At4,  window sticker shows the $1500 onstar for  years,  yeah what a joke.  Dealer claimed they werent sure that GM was going to force that on the 22, but looks like my truck was a week away from being a 23.  So not sure if I will be made to pay it or not.  

But if I am forced to pay for it, it better come with the works,  and I cant find what its coming with, other crappy part is 1500 for three years is nuts. 

Other than the app to lock and start the truck, I find Onstar pretty useless.  If I need directions, I use a nav (of some sort), need to call for help, I use my phone and if someone steals my truck, I don't want it back.  In my '16 and '19 Fords, the app function was free.  Just bought wifey a VDub and their version of Onstar is free for four years, GM needs to rethink this.  On the other hand, I read an article the other day about BMW charging a monthly subscription for things like heated seats in some markets so it is not just GM gouging customers. 

Edited by Crazy Canuck

On 8/4/2022 at 9:44 PM, Crazy Canuck said:

Other than the app to lock and start the truck, I find Onstar pretty useless.  If I need directions, I use a nav (of some sort), need to call for help, I use my phone and if someone steals my truck, I don't want it back.  In my '16 and '19 Fords, the app function was free.  Just bought wifey a VDub and their version of Onstar is free for four years, GM needs to rethink this.  On the other hand, I read an article the other day about BMW charging a monthly subscription for things like heated seats in some markets so it is not just GM gouging customers. 

Others have probably built it in over the years vs GM had it as as a stand alone and now building it in 

either way picked up the truck and it is mandatory and you get the app functions, nav, Wi-Fi and onstar 911 function 

Edited by nards444

14 minutes ago, nards444 said:

Others have probably built it in over the years vs GM had it as as a stand alone and now building it in 

either way picked up the truck and it is mandatory and you get the app functions, nav, Wi-Fi and onstar 912 function 

So $1,500 for three years?  That is $42 a month.  The more these vehicles get technical the more things can be charged.  Like BMW charging customers a monthly fee to use the heated seats.  You don't pay it then that option will not work.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

So $1,500 for three years?  That is $42 a month.  The more these vehicles get technical the more things can be charged.  Like BMW charging customers a monthly fee to use the heated seats.  You don't pay it then that option will not work.

Yes it is for three years, no way out of out it

• Sad 1