I TEST DROVE 2023 SILVERADO LTZ

so I see my neighbor two houses down the street from my house have a new truck in his driveway ,today I got out to enjoy the Sunday morning fresh air and I walk over to see the truck when the neighbor come out form his house to water his plants, we start talking about the truck and end up taking the truck for a short spin around the neighborhood, my neighbor works for GM and the truck is a company truck, anyways I was pleasantly surprised on how smooth the truck drove the interior was nice and that 5.3 had plenty of grunt of the line, I only got up to 40 MPH and engine felt ok didn't lack power at list on the lower speeds, the neighbor said truck runs out of steam on the higher speeds , but from what  I was able to see that 5.3 was very close to my ram hemi, anyway nice job chevy on the truck, I am looking forward getting my at4 ....

The 5.3 with the 10 speed is no slouch. The gearing is perfect. Unlike years prior. The 6.2 was a must. Today with the 10 speed its really very improved. We had a '21 suburban 5.3/10 speed fully loaded on a roadtrip, and I was very happy with it. For reference my prior ride was a 2017 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 and that was an animal. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 9:23 PM, seamus2154 said:

The 5.3 with the 10 speed is no slouch. The gearing is perfect. Unlike years prior. The 6.2 was a must. Today with the 10 speed its really very improved. We had a '21 suburban 5.3/10 speed fully loaded on a roadtrip, and I was very happy with it. For reference my prior ride was a 2017 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 and that was an animal. 

I have a 2020 5.3 with 10 speed and I have been pleasantly surprised with how peppy it is. It holds torque at low RPM's well and really breaks loose at high RPM's. I have DFM disabled and that makes a HUGE difference. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I can spin the tires. 

3 hours ago, mwlewis558 said:

I have a 2020 5.3 with 10 speed and I have been pleasantly surprised with how peppy it is. It holds torque at low RPM's well and really breaks loose at high RPM's. I have DFM disabled and that makes a HUGE difference. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I can spin the tires. 

The new combo 5.3 and 10 Spd is very different than years ago. I had several 5.3/6 speeds. They are lethargic and under powered. After the LT 6.2 I swore I would never consider another 5.3. Then we rented the '21 suburban for a roadtrip. Between the new rear suspension and the peppy, properly geared 5.3 I was impressed. Big improvement. The 6.2 is still king but the 5.3 is not bad. Personally now owning the 3.0 diesel, thats all that will be in my next truck.