2022 refreshed Sierra audio issue. MAX volume.

Klutch

On 5/30/2023 at 10:42 AM, Klutch said:

Curious if this has happened to anyone without the BOSE audio.

Happened to me once, no bose. Never happened again, as of yet.

• 1 month later...

22 LT 3500 with infotainment screen .Glad to see im not the only one. This happend to me on a few days ago on a hot  day i believe it was around 100 degress. Lasted for about an hour. I stopped and restarted the truck, restarted the infotainment screen and nothing. Until I reached my destination I let the truck sit a few hours and it worked again. 

• 1 month later...

This has happened to me probably 3-4 times on my 2022 with the new refreshed interior and 21000 miles or so.  I'm always listening to my phone so I just hit pause on the phone and give it a minute.  The only solution seems to be turning down on the steering wheel controls continuously until it begins to go down.

It would be nice to find a fix one day but I agree it probably wont happen.

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me today for the first time where the volume went to max. Before now it's happened about 3-4 times where it went to 0, which is no big deal. I cannot keep this truck if it can't be fixed soon since I carry my small daughter around with me. This would be traumatizing for her. Thankfully she wasn't with me today.

The TSB that's out there 20-NA-097 states the volume can be turned down when it happens. So this technically isn't the same problem address in that TSB since the volume can't be turned down at least for a period of time in this case.

I also submitted a NHTSA complaint as bullcitysierra recommended.  My case number is 11546400. 

Link to report via NHTSA:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index

Edit: I have the 2022 refresh version with Bose

Edited by Bamaguy514

• 3 months later...

This has happened to me in my 2022 Silverado TB.  It’s happened like 5-6 times in the past year.  Took it in twice for it and just get told it’s an update. I find that hard to believe and should not have to constantly take it in or worry about it.  Definitely a safety issue and could cause a wreck or if you have newborn baby in the vehicle and volume goes to max. Mute or power button does nothing. I had to scramble to grab my phone and switch over to Apple Music and start and pause a song.