2022 LT center console upgrade

2022 Silverado LT I have a jump seat and has a connection under passenger seat i believe the center console versions are the same. Air vents and usb in rear will probably work and wireless charging pad too hopefully. But the thing is there will be a hole for the electric shifter is supposed to go

can anyone fill in on that? 

C0DBD96E-0DD2-4239-BD14-B1002310B3F7.jpeg

8DD7EC71-B47E-4FC8-A49D-2B09CFC8C2A1.png

I don’t think the electronic center console shifter is going to be something you can add. There’s likely programming involved that GM won’t give you.

You can likely swap in the rest of the parts, retain your column shifter and just cover the hole for the console shifter. You’ll be the first to do it. 

Yea not interested in that electric shifter

The column shifter is better imo. 
i see the connector shouldn’t be a problem or getting the plastics for the lower dash. Just that hole where shifter is supposed to be at will be there. A little tray that can be put in place would be nice

I see, I read your post wrong the first time. You’ll just have to get creative and cover the hole with something.

I don’t miss the column shifter one bit, I’m so glad they got rid of it. 

Don’t believe anyone has done this swap yet. At least, they haven’t posted about it anywhere that I’ve seen. Post your experience afterwards. I’m sure others will be looking. 

I am sure someone will come up with a fill plug to fill that space. Shoot, they did with the grab handles on the bed rails and little storage cubbies in consoles on things like Etsy and Amazon.

That floor shifter is one of the silliest things in a truck. I hope with the redesign they go another route, preferably a shifter stalk off the column (like Mercedes or Tesla) or at least the buttons or dial or something; anything to get that space back and more useable. Would be nice to make the console floating somewhat so stuff can be put under it up front. So much room for opportunities, they are leaving a lot on the table.

Ford has that stupid folding shifter, we saw it on a commercial the other day and the wife thought that was silly, something that will break in the future when over complicating something that really doesn't need to be. The sliding console on our 2021 Denali already has issues, I can only image what that shifter will do in the coming years. 

Really most vehicles (especially the smaller ones) should get the floor shifter out of there for added storage and space. Was very disappointed they stayed with the floor shifter on the Colorado/Canyon, the current gen it was such a hinderance to the storage space and legroom. 

I am up in the air on the next truck to keep the folding jump seat like I currently have (sure like the leg room being 6'5) and it has come in handy a handful of times. If they keep the console shifter in the next gen it may sway me in to the jump seat LT which is fine as I don't want leather. Still got time as my '14 will hit 100k next week. 

Tyler

• Like 1