Water Leak Issue - Solved

I chased a water leak issue which ultimately was coming from two sources...

Leak #1 - In the fall of last year I had my back window shattered by a rock. Being a sliding window, the entire back window had to be replaced. My assumption is that Safelite could only source an aftermarket one at the time or that was a cost savings for them. 

It wasn't until this March or April when I went to do some spring cleaning that I noticed that my front driver's side carpet was constantly wet. After days of leaving the carpet pulled up to dry I returned to Safelite. The tech that I worked with was great and identified that the aftermarket model was missing a dam at the bottom of the slider. This was sending the water straight across the sliding rail and down into the cab. The shattered window’s replacement warranty was replaced with an OEM window. The tech advised that they would be submitting a quality alert to the company.

I had to hustle out of the appointment but I tried to grab a shot of the defective unit, the sun did not work in my favor. Where the arrow points to there should be a little piece of plastic sticking up (the dam) that keeps the water directed towards the weep hole and not into the cab.

Leak #2 - The rear cab vents appeared to be worn out at the bottom. Likely exacerbated by the fact that I have a cover on my bed and park on a slightly downhill angle at work every day, the water would come down the back of the cab and collect around the bottom of the vent and work its way into the cab. Replacement vents obtained and installed.

Obviously there are 1000s of possible leak locations in a vehicle but I thought I would give my experiences, which I solved in part from some other posts on this forum.

IMG_1207.jpeg