WATER LEAKING FROM UNDER DASH

I have 2014 Silverado crew cab and I’m noticing water leaking from under the dash. We had a pretty good rain today and I go to get in my truck and my floor mat had a good amount of water sitting on it and I could see water dripping from up under the dash. Good thing I have weather-tech mats. But I’m running into dead ends trying to figure out how it’s getting in. It’s not the sunroof, it’s not the fin (my headliner isn’t getting wet so it can’t be the fin?) I’ve checked my pillar while it was raining and no water running down it. I read something before about a guy who had a bad weld under the cowl could be letting it in? Or could it possibly be the edges of the windshield leaking? Just looking for any answer here. When I look up under the dash to see where it’s coming from I can see that there is a opening where the leather and firewall material were cut from the factory and it is wet when I put my hand up there, like the material used for the firewall is wet. But my question is, how is it getting there? I will upload pics tomorrow for reference to what I’m talking about. Thanks ahead of time. 

Edited by Owens45

• 1 month later...

I also have a water problem on the driver's side of the truck (2015 Silverado).  I have no idea where the water is coming in from but the carpet is wet from the driver's floor area (primarily on the left side closest to the door) and back to the rear passenger's floor area.  If you pull the plastic trim up from the door threshold there is water pooled there (I park on a slight slope so it makes sense this is where the water would collect).  The door/window seals seem fine but I can't rule them out as the problem at this point.  This has been driving me nuts, any advice someone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem on my 2017 Silverado 1500. My passenger side floor is soaked. 

I have read that if it's on the Driver's side to check the shark fin for the satellite radio. It can leak around the gasket in there.  hope this helps. 

On 8/18/2023 at 10:51 AM, Tony Rogers said:

I have the same problem on my 2017 Silverado 1500. My passenger side floor is soaked. 

I have read that if it's on the Driver's side to check the shark fin for the satellite radio. It can leak around the gasket in there.  hope this helps. 

B4725E87-524E-4479-9512-BADD76A76D52.thumb.jpeg.8cdb3e5ac87adfb72a9b2a72566abd14.jpegE0A1E445-7258-40A1-8230-530FE9F8004E.thumb.jpeg.bd9eaea22e5780e1e19c8f4b6dd810f0.jpeg