Black Line Across Radio Screen

12 hours ago, Core-Lokt said:

Still have the line. I have a service appointment on the 20th, and if I can, I'll find out what the diagnosis is in case anyone else has this happen.

Great, report back with the resolution. Have not seen that happen on any vehicle before and it will be interesting to know the cause.

14 hours ago, Core-Lokt said:

Still have the line. I have a service appointment on the 20th, and if I can, I'll find out what the diagnosis is in case anyone else has this happen.

Excellent. I’d guess the display will need replacement. Did you try rubbing the screen for the heck of it to see if anything changed? 

On 1/6/2023 at 8:23 AM, Pryme said:

Excellent. I’d guess the display will need replacement. Did you try rubbing the screen for the heck of it to see if anything changed? 

The screen cover is still on as-shipped. Actually, stuff like airbag tag and plastic over interior handles is still on. It's been non-stop holiday cycle and 4X10 work without NY-observed Monday off, and other things to distract me.

Additionally, there's been no mods whatsoever relatable. The only things electrical I've changed are LED headlights and switchback turn signals.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the dealership today. The appointment made 15 days ago was for nothing because it seems only one tech can deal with it, and he had some classes to take with an unknown ETA today. Stuff happens, but they know who's capable of doing certain work, and should know of scheduled absences like classes. That was a 100-mile bust of a round trip.

So the appointment is for next week (the line is still there). On the chance a new screen would be needed, I asked if one was there (foreseeing a third trip), to which they said the would have to order it. So a warranty issue could become costly for me. 😬

For lulz I asked about the substitute truck that was supposed to have been in at Thanksgiving to the one I ordered in June (theoretically scheduled build 1/23/23). That truck is still in Canada. Guess it was for the best I got the one I did. I'll keep this updated for those interested.

The tech will be required to call for approval before parts can be ordered. Electronics have special steps that must be followed in order to prevent a "parts cannon" 

Send me a PM Core-Lokt 

• Like 1

Its a "dead pixel row" and the screen will have to be replaced. 

You might try contacting the service manager at the dealership and explaining your situation including the fact that youve already made the trip once. If he is earning his pay he will try to work with you and may be able to order the new screen to have on hand when you return. If that doesnt work I would open a case with GM customer care with the details of your circumstances. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Appointment today. No stated diagnosis, but I think everyone can agree on 64B's call of dead pixels. Nobody would either preemptively order a screen or get me to the tech/service manager. Worst of all, the "tech" assigned to look at it told me he looked at another truck to "make sure that wasn't how they all were". 🙄

Anyway, a screen is supposed to be there 1/30. I go back 2/3 fml. Unless something doesn't work out, I'll consider this done on updating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Core-Lokt said:

Appointment today. No stated diagnosis, but I think everyone can agree on 64B's call of dead pixels. Nobody would either preemptively order a screen or get me to the tech/service manager. Worst of all, the "tech" assigned to look at it told me he looked at another truck to "make sure that wasn't how they all were". 🙄

Anyway, a screen is supposed to be there 1/30. I go back 2/3 fml. Unless something doesn't work out, I'll consider this done on updating.

Gotta make sure they all don’t look like that!!! That’s a hoot.