2016 Armrest USB Port Removal

Hey folks.  The USB ports inside the armrest on my 2016 Sierra are dead.  I checked the fuse and it’s still good, so I guess I need to replace them.  The two ports below the HVAC controls still work.  I’ve seen some info about people buying the part and replacing them.  My question is… Can I pry off the faceplate for the ports inside the armrest to remove it, or do I have to disassemble the whole console to get to it?  I pried a bit and it didn’t pop off, so I wanted to check with y’all before I broke something.

Also, any other advice?

On 1/6/2023 at 2:46 PM, msubullyfan said:

Hey folks.  The USB ports inside the armrest on my 2016 Sierra are dead.  I checked the fuse and it’s still good, so I guess I need to replace them.  The two ports below the HVAC controls still work.  I’ve seen some info about people buying the part and replacing them.  My question is… Can I pry off the faceplate for the ports inside the armrest to remove it, or do I have to disassemble the whole console to get to it?  I pried a bit and it didn’t pop off, so I wanted to check with y’all before I broke something.

Also, any other advice?

Following, I'm fixing to add USBs (power only) to the back of my center console/armrest. 

For the one inside, I think you have to disassemble the box.  I would try prying (GENTLY), if it goes, cool; if not, you will have to disassemble.