On 1/22/2023 at 5:18 PM, silveradosid said:

today while i was doing an oil change i decided to take the plastic covers off, looking at the hose from the turbo to the cooler there is oil leaking out of the hose connection. do you think this is a problem and would it be covered by the power train warranty

20230122_163332 (2).jpg

This is certainly not what we like to hear, silveradosid.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your truck. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: silveradosid/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 1 month later...

I have a 2020 2.7 silverado and I'm having the same issues with oil in the turbo inlet and intercooler piping . My intercooler pipe looks just like yours in the picture you posted. I currently have 56,000 miles on my truck. Have you gotten any answers yet on the cause? I'm currently looking into installing a catch can.

Thank you for reply. I was thinking it  might be a pcv issue. The dirty side of the pcv system feeds from the back of the engine to the turbo inlet. Makes more sense the turbo could be the issue as these engines have a built in air/oil seperator on the back of the engine. I'll try and get mine to the dealer . 

Yikes at 56k your past your warranty and powertrain coverage i would very much doubt would cover a oil line. If the turbo itself is bad perhaps, but lines i have never seen covered past the oem factory warranty or an extended warranty. I hope i'm wrong....

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

Yikes at 56k your past your warranty and powertrain coverage i would very much doubt would cover a oil line. If the turbo itself is bad perhaps, but lines i have never seen covered past the oem factory warranty or an extended warranty. I hope i'm wrong....

Powertrain is 5yr/60k, whichever comes first.  

19 minutes ago, newdude said:

Powertrain is 5yr/60k, whichever comes first.  

Yes i understand that but the power train doesn't cover all that much, part content like oil lines, sensors and such are very seldom covered under a PT warranty from what i have seen. 

If it is the turbo itself . It should be covered under power train.  It's a major component on this engine . If not I'll find another solution . For now the turbo is making boost. Also I have no smoke coming out of the exhaust. I'm only collecting oil at the turbo inlet and it's carrying over into the intercooler piping. That's what  originally led me to believe it could be excessive crankcase pressure causing the seals to leak on the cold side of the  turbo.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:07 PM, Bmcsik20 said:

I have a 2020 2.7 silverado and I'm having the same issues with oil in the turbo inlet and intercooler piping . My intercooler pipe looks just like yours in the picture you posted. I currently have 56,000 miles on my truck. Have you gotten any answers yet on the cause? I'm currently looking into installing a catch can.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Bmcsik20.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Bmcsik20/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 3 months later...

March 24th 2023. our 2021 2.7 turbo silverado 4x4 had lost oil and was leaking, dealership repair oil pan & gasket due to defective. Well today July 2nd 2023 engine light came on, looked under truck same oil leak and no oil on the dipstick. I called for appointment in the morning! I believe it's leaking above the oil pan,  but they didn't listen to nothing I said back in March. This is ridiculous not even 45,000 miles and this will be 2 times in 3 months it's had same problem not resolved. Looks like last repair made they  just put a ton of gasket sealant all around my pan :( ugh this is unacceptable.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same issue but with the 3 liter diesel.  I had about 35000 miles on it when I first bought it used and noticed dirty oil on the turbo discharge.  I took it to a GM dealer to have it looked at and they told me it was normal due to crank case fumes being fed back into the turbo.  I don't think that a truck with this few of miles should have this much oil discharge leaking out of the turbo outlet, just my opinion.  Otherwise the truck runs well with no CEL's currently.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2021 2.7l 85k miles and it has major leak when driving on highway everything points to turbo as oil starts around intercooler lines up to throttle body. Driving in town no leaks but when driving 80 MPH I lost 2 quarts of oil in an 80 mile trip... They have already replaced the oil pan gasket and tried 2 new pans. Still leaking left side major.... Has anyone got an actual fix yet????