2023 rear seat bottom removal

Is there a way to remove just the seat and leave the the seat back of the rear seat on the passenger side?  The part that is down is the one I'm looking to remove. I have a tool box I usually keep in this spot but don't see obvious way to remove the seat bottom.

20230205_112256.thumb.jpg.396d5fcf95d8db2966942f0371e1e748.jpg

1 hour ago, wurgs said:

Is there a way to remove just the seat and leave the the seat back of the rear seat on the passenger side?  The part that is down is the one I'm looking to remove. I have a tool box I usually keep in this spot but don't see obvious way to remove the seat bottom.

20230205_112256.thumb.jpg.396d5fcf95d8db2966942f0371e1e748.jpg

I apologize that I have no input on how to remove your seat bottom, but I will say your seats caught my eye big time.  Are those cloth?  It's hard to tell from the pic.  I'm looking for rear cloth seats with the fold down center console like yours have.  If they are cloth I can add your model truck to my search for my Custom model 2500HD.  I'm thinking even if your AT4 isn't an HD model those might fit mine.

Edited by Jettech1

This one is actually my new work truck. It is a 2023 chevy 2500hd they ordered last March that just showed up in December. Its just a LT trim and the seats are cloth.

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:26 PM, Jettech1 said:

I apologize that I have no input on how to remove your seat bottom, but I will say your seats caught my eye big time.  Are those cloth?  It's hard to tell from the pic.  I'm looking for rear cloth seats with the fold down center console like yours have.  If they are cloth I can add your model truck to my search for my Custom model 2500HD.  I'm thinking even if your AT4 isn't an HD model those might fit mine.

My 2022 HD LT has black cloth with the rear storage and fold down console. It’s part of PCM: 1LT/1SP/2LT Convenience Package 2 but actual RPO I believe is the R7O: Rear Seat: Folding with Storage Package

21 hours ago, mandrewbot3k said:

My 2022 HD LT has black cloth with the rear storage and fold down console. It’s part of PCM: 1LT/1SP/2LT Convenience Package 2 but actual RPO I believe is the R7O: Rear Seat: Folding with Storage Package

That was one of the main options I was going to get when I was filling out the order sheet.  I gave up on ordering one and bought one that had 95% of what I wanted.  Of course the 5% I didn't get would be the rear seat: folding with storage package...lol..

On 2/19/2023 at 2:54 PM, Jettech1 said:

That was one of the main options I was going to get when I was filling out the order sheet.  I gave up on ordering one and bought one that had 95% of what I wanted.  Of course the 5% I didn't get would be the rear seat: folding with storage package...lol..

Lol. Jokes on me… my rear storage is covered by car seats for my 3 young daughters. Maybe one day I can use it. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:30 PM, mandrewbot3k said:

The attached image is from the removal instructions for a T1 1500 so I imagine it’s the same. It’s from Katzkin. 

https://katzkinvrs.com/_manage_/res/marketing/Technical Bulletin - 2019 Chevy Silverado Rear Seat Removal.pdf

E5DAA30B-307E-45F6-B917-30068F086473.png

Thanks! I appreciate the link.

I tried searching online but mainly found details about the complete seat removal. It's supposed to get the safety lights installed the beginning of next week so hope to move into it on Thursday.  It will be nice to get back into a 2500 after the companies failed experiment to switch to 1500s  back in 2018 to save a few bucks.

On 2/22/2023 at 11:46 AM, mandrewbot3k said:

Lol. Jokes on me… my rear storage is covered by car seats for my 3 young daughters. Maybe one day I can use it. 

I only had one kid.  He's 25 now and is successful and building a house now.  He contacts me almost everyday to tell me about his job and what's going on in his life.  I got lucky for sure.  Embrace your daughters all you can.  The next time you blink, they will be off on their own.  So embrace that storage you can't use right now.  You will miss that trust me.

Edited by Jettech1