'24 GMC Sierra build is live

Interesting and good info. I got a call today finally, a build slot. I'm going in tomorrow morning to go over the order. What I'm seeing on the website build your own, there's some stuff missing like no SLT spec? only SLE - and some things I know they are offering on the 24's. Me thinks the web app isn't completed yet. Also, no Denali? Maybe I'm out of the loop and it's no more? Been a big name for a long time.

And like where's the leather buckets with center console? Or am I that blind I don't see it in my face?

That's why when talking to my gal on the phone I said Here's what we're doing. I'll be down tomorrow morning and go over it all so we don't fk this thing up.

I've been waiting 18, almost 19 months for a f'n truck and had a Chevy and GMC on order from a dealer that has all the GM stores in the same town. Finally. 

Any more tips throw em out, but it's getting late LOL! 

Great day.

3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Are they no longer offering SLT spec in the Double Cab?  I'm hoping the tool is just incomplete because I don't want the Crew Cab land-yacht length.  That's 20 inches longer than my Crew Cab 1500.  Me garagey no likey.

I'm in the same situation. I've been planning to order a double cab SLT because the crew cab is too long for my garage and there are features I need/want that aren't available on an SLE. If a double cab SLT is no longer an option I'll probably go with a Ram instead.

5 minutes ago, Turin said:

I'm in the same situation. I've been planning to order a double cab SLT because the crew cab is too long for my garage and there are features I need/want that aren't available on an SLE. If a double cab SLT is no longer an option I'll probably go with a Ram instead.

Nope, it's all correct after my trip to the dealer. No SLT, only Pro and SLE. No buckets with center console, no leather, lots of constraints. Like safety pkg (lane/following/adaptive cruise) which I didn't want anyway - nope - Colors? only a couple can be ordered. I want Volcanic red - partial restraint so we're sticking with it. The pretty metallic black? nope - it's out, only Onyx blk. sht like that. Power sliding rear window? surround view cams? bed cam? nope - they're out - but that's today, saw it with my own eyes. He did tell me, those things may only be available in the crew cab but it's too early to tell. Like I've said, it may only be a partial rollout for 24's but I'm just guessing. 

When we were done I said "I would've fancied it up more seeing I've been waiting for a new truck for 19 months since the first order. So I'm saving money not buying things I can live without, but I would've paid for them all the same. So it's their loss my save. 

He said if GM had their way, they'd only build crew cabs period. 

On 2/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, Turin said:

Same here.  In a RAM, I can get an actual crew cab to fit in my garage since they're not obsessed with making their trucks longer than the Queen Mary like Ford and GM are.

Ford will build you an extended cab Lariat too...  Pretty disappointing since I've been waiting for GM to get with the program on the interior amenities, but I'm not buying a 75k truck to park out in the driveway...

I miss the days where the only way to know if you were looking at a 1500 or 2500 was to look at the wheels or the door badging.  

On 2/24/2023 at 3:51 PM, Leonardo Willi said:

Nope, it's all correct after my trip to the dealer. [...]

He said if GM had their way, they'd only build crew cabs period. 

Well, damn. I can understand why GM would feel that way but for me that means they no longer offer a suitable truck. It's a shame because I really like the Sierra. I'm not willing to do without some of the SLT features so instead of making less money off of me they'll make none.

13 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Ford will build you an extended cab Lariat too...  Pretty disappointing since I've been waiting for GM to get with the program on the interior amenities, but I'm not buying a 75k truck to park out in the driveway...

Ford will but from what I can tell a lot of options are only offered as part of the Lariat Ultimate package, which requires a crew cab. I suppose that's okay if all you wanted from the Lariat was the nicer seats but otherwise it amounts to the same thing.

I'm currently in a Ram. The updated interior on the 2024s is what put GMC back into contention for me. While there are pros and cons to both trucks I was planning to go with GMC in order to get the transparent trailer feature. I prefer Ram's approach of using the digital rear-view mirror instead of the infotainment screen but Ram is currently parts-limiting that mirror to Limited trims. I can live without that, though, or go aftermarket.

10 hours ago, Turin said:

Well, damn. I can understand why GM would feel that way but for me that means they no longer offer a suitable truck. It's a shame because I really like the Sierra. I'm not willing to do without some of the SLT features so instead of making less money off of me they'll make none.

Ford will but from what I can tell a lot of options are only offered as part of the Lariat Ultimate package, which requires a crew cab. I suppose that's okay if all you wanted from the Lariat was the nicer seats but otherwise it amounts to the same thing.

I'm currently in a Ram. The updated interior on the 2024s is what put GMC back into contention for me. While there are pros and cons to both trucks I was planning to go with GMC in order to get the transparent trailer feature. I prefer Ram's approach of using the digital rear-view mirror instead of the infotainment screen but Ram is currently parts-limiting that mirror to Limited trims. I can live without that, though, or go aftermarket.

So looks like they're all in bed together with the option pkg's and chassis config. I need an 8' bed, pack it with a crew cab, it's getting long.

Edited by Leonardo Willi