Interior Color

'22 Sierra 2500HD SLE.

In my previous truck (and I think all the ones before that), I had straight black interior (plastic stuff - dash, doors, floor mats etc). This time, I decided to change it up and chose Dark Walnut/Slate. I quite like the look and it seems a bit cooler in the hot seasons. I opted for the floor mats which cover the floor carpetting, including over the centre hump.

However, I have found that the floor mats really get noticeable scuff marks. We have two vehicles, so don't use the truck all the time, and the wife usually spends the most time in the passenger seat when we travel. And she usually places her purse in the left corner of the floor on her side (leaning up against the hump). When removing the two front mats to clean them, I noted they are both quite scuffed, especially where the wife lays her purse.

The truck is about a year old (about 15k miles) and it has way more noticeable scuff marks than my prior truck at ten years, with the same frequency of use.

Any suggestions to mitigate this issue?  I'm almost thinking about buying a new set, but would likely have to repeat this every season.....

Marv

If you have the factory added on rubber floor mats like I do.  Here's a simple solution to your problem.  I just vacuum them out, spray simple green on them, scrub them down with a nylon scrubber.  Then wipe it all up with a towel.  They look good as new when I'm done.  Takes like 10 minutes.  All the marks are gone.