Recently my battery has died at random times.  Sometimes it cranks slow and starts, other times its dead.  It started and i drove about 35 minutes to the store, came out less than 10 minutes it was dead.  Jumped it and drove home it sat over night and started fine.  It does it randomly and nothing is staying on, and i dont have any accessories hooked up to drain in.  Could this be the battery? Or the alternator?  Its been like this for over a month

#PIT5985A: Diagnostic Tip: No Start/ Ignition Will Not Turn ON/ No Power Due To A CAN bus 2 Issue/Lightning Strike/ Failed Over The Air Update - (Mar 6, 2023)
Subject:  Diagnostic Tip: No Start/ Ignition Will Not Turn ON/ No Power Due To A CAN bus 2 Issue/Lightning Strike/ Failed Over The Air Update

Involved Region or Country

North America

Condition

Some technicians may experience one or more of the following concerns: 

1. No Start
  2. Vehicle will not crank
  3. Vehicle will not enter into Key On, Engine Off mode (Service Mode)
  4. Vehicle's Instrument Panel Cluster will not Illuminate
  5. Vehicle will not shut Off. 

In addition to the above concerns, when using GDS2 to connect to the vehicle, the pop up message seen below will be displayed, prompting to turn the ignition on, but the ignition can not be turned on.  In some cases, after several ignition button presses, the ignition may turn on. Then, the customer or dealer technician may notice that blower motor turns on at a higher speed and then the ignition will not be able to be turn Off.  

Cause

This may be caused by either an issue with Can Bus 2, the vehicle received an "Over The Air" (OTA) update that has failed/ or the vehicle's electrical system was damaged by a voltage spike such as a lightning strike or an incorrect jump start procedure.

On 3/28/2023 at 2:08 PM, 20silverado20 said:

Recently my battery has died at random times.  Sometimes it cranks slow and starts, other times its dead.  It started and i drove about 35 minutes to the store, came out less than 10 minutes it was dead.  Jumped it and drove home it sat over night and started fine.  It does it randomly and nothing is staying on, and i dont have any accessories hooked up to drain in.  Could this be the battery? Or the alternator?  Its been like this for over a month

#23-NA-023: After A Remote Start When The Start Button Is Pressed The Engine May Stall or Will Not Restart - (Feb 28, 2023)

Subject: After A Remote Start When The Start Button Is Pressed The Engine May Stall or Will Not Restart

volved Region or Country

America, Uzbekistan, Middle East, Russia, Israel, Palestine, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Thailand

Additional Options (RPOs)

Condition

Some customers may comment that after using the remote vehicle start, either from the fob or app, they experienced any of the following issues:

When they enter the vehicle and press the start button the engine stalls

If they try to restart the engine, it will not crank

If the remote start times out they are unable to restart the engine with the start button

When trying to turn engine off the engine stays running

Unable to turn the ignition off

Service Steering Column Lock Message, if equipped

Dead Battery

Cause

The cause of the condition may be a Body Control Module (BCM) messaging issue.

Correction

Reprogram the BCM following service information instructions to update to the newest software level.