Redline badges

I have a new Trail Boss coming in a couple weeks and I'm looking to do something a little different for badges. Looking for actual OEM part numbers if anyone has them, because some of the Amazon reviews have me worried about their quality. Too many of the reviews talk about peeling and fading over time.

I want to black out my badges, but because it's a 6.2L Trail Boss I worry about the 6.2 badge disappearing with the hood scoop. So I thought about going with Redline badges instead. I'm not sure if there's a good LT package to buy since the Trail Boss doesn't have a redline edition, or if I should look for an RST package and get an LT badge separately (or even a Traverse/Tahoe package). Any suggestions on part numbers, or a source for good quality Redline badges, that will get me the 6.2L, Silverado, and LT badges? A good black/red Z71 as well. I'm not sure if GM makes an official one since I've only seen all black at the dealers.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any official GM Redline badges for Silverados. Supposedly they were offering the package on regular Silverados, but I've yet to see any on lots. I saw a prototype one last year at Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit. I bought thick red pinstripe tape to do the red line on the mirror caps. I bought Redline emblems off ebay. I had the 6.2L on my hood but then decided to change it up and put red stripes on the hood and then put gloss black 6.2L emblems on the red stripe. I just removed the stock Silverado and Custom badges a few days ago to put the Redline ones on and I didn't really like the look on my dark Shadow Gray paint. Also the foam template allowed the letters to shift so the Silverado was wavy and I thought I had the Custom lined up and level as I had tape marked the corners of the stock badge and it was just slightly off level and it bugged me so I took it off and now left it bare. I'm not sure if I'm going to put anything back on at this point.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/11/silverado-redline-concept-going-into-production-for-2021/

• Like 1

go to the chevrolet.com accessories or parts website and you can find most of the part number for black out badges. May be able to find redline badges on there if you find a VIN of a redline truck.

8 hours ago, jaxcam02 said:

go to the chevrolet.com accessories or parts website and you can find most of the part number for black out badges. May be able to find redline badges on there if you find a VIN of a redline truck.

Thanks for the tip. It looks like I might just be out of luck, but I still plan to ask the parts dept next time I'm in.

I can't find any redline badges on Chevy's site. I even found a redline Traverse and got the VIN to put into the website, and that still only shows black badges. They must exist, but maybe they can only order them internally.

The other issue though is that I'm not sure Chevy makes the 6.2L badge, which is the one that started me down this road. I went to their build and price tool and built out a Redline RST with the 6.2 and the images appear just show a black badge on the hood. So aftermarket may be the only option for that one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Obiron,

I have used the Amazon Redline Edition badges on my 2020 custom trail boss, and previously, a black, 2021 LT trail boss. They’re fantastic. They came in GM packages. They cost less, too.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 8:33 PM, s10dragracer888 said:

Hey Obiron,

I have used the Amazon Redline Edition badges on my 2020 custom trail boss, and previously, a black, 2021 LT trail boss. They’re fantastic. They came in GM packages. They cost less, too.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think I'm going to give them a try, just waiting until after Father's Day in case my wife surprises me.

Do you have a link for the ones you've used? I found some on eBay that I'm planning on grabbing, unless a different set catches my eye.

Also planning on the tailgate inserts from BDTrims. Just deciding between all black, or black with a red outline to match the badges I'll be getting. I'll probably go with the outline, I've liked the few pictures I've seen of them installed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obiron said:

Thanks for the positive feedback. I think I'm going to give them a try, just waiting until after Father's Day in case my wife surprises me.

Do you have a link for the ones you've used? I found some on eBay that I'm planning on grabbing, unless a different set catches my eye.

Also planning on the tailgate inserts from BDTrims. Just deciding between all black, or black with a red outline to match the badges I'll be getting. I'll probably go with the outline, I've liked the few pictures I've seen of them installed.

I don’t, but I bought them from the seller EmblemsPlus on Amazon. The fender badges, the grille z71 badge, grille Chevrolet letters, tailgate emblems, the bed cap letters, and the “4x4” on the bedside. Also got the “trail boss” hood spear decals from them and modified them for the door.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Obiron said:

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely check out that seller. In fact, looking at my ebay cart, I have their bed rail cap letters in my cart. I love your tailgate inserts too, I think I'm leaning towards that style.

EmblemsPlus sells GM Official Licensed Products….that’s why most of my badges are from them. My grille letters are from LimitlessParts. I sent you a PM. I’ll keep looking for the rest of them.

On 4/28/2023 at 12:07 AM, GETGONE said:

I haven't seen any official GM Redline badges for Silverados. Supposedly they were offering the package on regular Silverados, but I've yet to see any on lots. I saw a prototype one last year at Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit. I bought thick red pinstripe tape to do the red line on the mirror caps. I bought Redline emblems off ebay. I had the 6.2L on my hood but then decided to change it up and put red stripes on the hood and then put gloss black 6.2L emblems on the red stripe. I just removed the stock Silverado and Custom badges a few days ago to put the Redline ones on and I didn't really like the look on my dark Shadow Gray paint. Also the foam template allowed the letters to shift so the Silverado was wavy and I thought I had the Custom lined up and level as I had tape marked the corners of the stock badge and it was just slightly off level and it bugged me so I took it off and now left it bare. I'm not sure if I'm going to put anything back on at this point.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/11/silverado-redline-concept-going-into-production-for-2021/

EmblemsPlus has them for the “Next Gen” 19+ that are GM official Licensed products.

On 4/27/2023 at 6:08 PM, Obiron said:

I have a new Trail Boss coming in a couple weeks and I'm looking to do something a little different for badges. Looking for actual OEM part numbers if anyone has them, because some of the Amazon reviews have me worried about their quality. Too many of the reviews talk about peeling and fading over time.

I want to black out my badges, but because it's a 6.2L Trail Boss I worry about the 6.2 badge disappearing with the hood scoop. So I thought about going with Redline badges instead. I'm not sure if there's a good LT package to buy since the Trail Boss doesn't have a redline edition, or if I should look for an RST package and get an LT badge separately (or even a Traverse/Tahoe package). Any suggestions on part numbers, or a source for good quality Redline badges, that will get me the 6.2L, Silverado, and LT badges? A good black/red Z71 as well. I'm not sure if GM makes an official one since I've only seen all black at the dealers.

Redline 6.2 badge is available too! I had a 21 6.2 LT trail boss decked out just like my custom. Even had the redline 6.2 badge on the hood.

On 6/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, s10dragracer888 said:

I don’t, but I bought them from the seller EmblemsPlus on Amazon. The fender badges, the grille z71 badge, grille Chevrolet letters, tailgate emblems, the bed cap letters, and the “4x4” on the bedside. Also got the “trail boss” hood spear decals from them and modified them for the door.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks good!

• 1 month later...

Life got busy and I forgot that I hadn't updated this thread.

I got all my new badges installed. I bought a second set of the "Silverado" letters for the tailgate because I need to re-do them. A little tip, trying to put the whole string of letters up all at once isn't easy with the foam template. They sit in there a little too loose and the D and O both got a bit crooked. I'm going to re-do it and just tape up the template, then place one letter at a time into the cutouts.

I also did the bed rail inserts and added my steps and tonneau cover.

PXL_20230621_224049816.MP.jpg

PXL_20230621_224058772.MP.jpg

PXL_20230621_224306210.jpg

PXL_20230621_224251459.jpg

PXL_20230621_224141869.jpg

PXL_20230621_224154500.jpg

PXL_20230621_224109257.jpg

PXL_20230621_224130360~2.jpg

PXL_20230622_001959674~2.jpg

• Like 2