2014 Silverado AC went out

GabeD

Question

So randomly my AC in my 2014 silverado went out, had a mechanic come and check it out and the pressure was too high so he drained and corrected both low and high sides, AC was still blowing hot, we checked the compressor and it was engaging, condenser had no leaks and the lines were not clogged, he ran it through the computer and we got code B-1325-03 and read as low voltage so the mechanic told me it was an electrical issue, maybe a bad ground, i've been searching everywhere and could not find any solution, anybody know what might be the problem?

Recover the refrigerant. Change the txv and the filter drier in the condenser.  Pressures being high is a restriction in the drier. Correcting pressure means nothing at all to be honest he knows not what he speaks. 

Put the new parts in and new 134a and enjoy. 

I've been a legit HVAC tech for 13 years. I've seen my share of shadetree techs. 

• Like 1

Could also be loaded with air, too, especially if someone tried to recharge it not knowing how those parts store can taps work. That'll send pressures sky high and blow warm. A fan failure will, too.

No airflow over the condenser, or a plugged up condenser (Check between the rad and condenser for tree debris, mouse nest, etc.) sends the pressure REAL high.

Systems don't suddenly have "high pressure", unless overcharged, or having the aforementioned issues.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Recover the refrigerant. Change the txv and the filter drier in the condenser.  Pressures being high is a restriction in the drier. Correcting pressure means nothing at all to be honest he knows not what he speaks. 

Put the new parts in and new 134a and enjoy. 

I've been a legit HVAC tech for 13 years. I've seen my share of shadetree techs. 

It’s amazing people with a license think they’re so much smarter than us shade tree techs. I’ve worked on everything with tracks and wheels without that piece of paper. The only reason I worked on my stuff early on is it was cheaper to do so. I still do on the easy stuff the paper people want to charge big bucks for. 40$ to change a cabin filter. Same with air filter. I spent 1/2 hour changing my Honda transmission fluid. I didn’t even have to jack it up. With the internet if you can read you can do anything. I happen to find techs I can trust so I use them. Remember the geniuses at GM came up with the 5.7 diesel and cylinder deactivation. Give me a break. If anything the paper techs should be happy if someone screws it up. It gives them an excuse to charge more.

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

It’s amazing people with a license think they’re so much smarter than us shade tree techs. I’ve worked on everything with tracks and wheels without that piece of paper. The only reason I worked on my stuff early on is it was cheaper to do so. I still do on the easy stuff the paper people want to charge big bucks for. 40$ to change a cabin filter. Same with air filter. I spent 1/2 hour changing my Honda transmission fluid. I didn’t even have to jack it up. With the internet if you can read you can do anything. I happen to find techs I can trust so I use them. Remember the geniuses at GM came up with the 5.7 diesel and cylinder deactivation. Give me a break. If anything the paper techs should be happy if someone screws it up. It gives them an excuse to charge more.

Just like the kids these days throwing shade... sad AF, bro.

I do not think I am smarter then anyone. I will call it like I see it tho. 

Bs.

When someone comes to the net asking for advise should I just dumb down or advise as I was taught?

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

How is 5.7 diesel and cyl deactivation techs fault? 

At what point in your ramblings did you offer assistance to the OP?   

58 minutes ago, BB68 said:

How is 5.7 diesel and cyl deactivation techs fault? 

At what point in your ramblings did you offer assistance to the OP?   

I actually did in another AC thread. As I fixed my AC today that was low on Freon. I read more than one thread.

I'm going to be clear. I my original post I was not throwing a punch at anyone on this site.

I think we all here have seen our far share of people getting shafted. Alot of them come not even knowing they did get the tail end of the deal.

Because I care for others... it's frustrating to see someone come with issues that can be sorted out with ease- especially since Google and youtube have most info anyone working on anything will need. 

Reading the OP I hear the same thing everyday. Last tech adjusted the pressures. 

Basically he took/ let some gas out to get the head pressure down. 

Like jsdirt said look at and clean the condenser coil. It is located in front of the radiator.  In lue of going back to the tech you can purchase a Water Saber .  This connects to your garden hose and will flush out the radiator, condenser coil, trans cooler and you can use it to clean any place on a vehicle you can not reach.

• Like 2

Good help is hard to find these days across ALL lines of business.

Case in point, I just spur-of-the-moment bought a pristine, 30 year old Cummins-powered Dodge pickup (That I should've bought 16 years ago instead of my Silverado, but that's another story for another day!) - my insurance company, which I happen to now work for in the maintenance department, emailed me a document and said I was good to go to the MA Registry (RMV) to get my plates transferred. Well, the document I received wasn't anywhere close to what was needed! Thankfully, due to 5-decades of living in this S-hole state, I knew something wasn't right, and asked questions. I got the correct documents only after questioning! Had I been a 16 year old kid that just got his license, I'd have waited there an hour only to be told EVERYTHING is WRONG! 

On that note, because this is the over-governed (By MORONS, too!) state of MA, I couldn't transfer the plates ... because my wife's name was on them - she had to co-sign the loan for the Silverado in '07 because my credit sucked. SO - I waited there an HOUR for them to tell me this! I lost it on the poor girl teller - she asked me to stop swearing at her. 😆 I had to leave, drive 20 miles home, get my "wife's permission" (LOL!!!) to transfer the plates in writing, to bring another 20 miles back, to sit ANOTHER hour to get my registration and title!!!  😠 This state will drive you INSAAAANE with the idiocy!!

That's what I did the first 6 hours of my day today! If anyone tells you to move to MA, RUN the other way!! 😂 

Hopefully someone can now laugh at this story. 😜

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jsdirt said:

Good help is hard to find these days across ALL lines of business.

Case in point, I just spur-of-the-moment bought a pristine, 30 year old Cummins-powered Dodge pickup (That I should've bought 16 years ago instead of my Silverado, but that's another story for another day!) - my insurance company, which I happen to now work for in the maintenance department, emailed me a document and said I was good to go to the MA Registry (RMV) to get my plates transferred. Well, the document I received wasn't anywhere close to what was needed! Thankfully, due to 5-decades of living in this S-hole state, I knew something wasn't right, and asked questions. I got the correct documents only after questioning! Had I been a 16 year old kid that just got his license, I'd have waited there an hour only to be told EVERYTHING is WRONG! 

On that note, because this is the over-governed (By MORONS, too!) state of MA, I couldn't transfer the plates ... because my wife's name was on them - she had to co-sign the loan for the Silverado in '07 because my credit sucked. SO - I waited there an HOUR for them to tell me this! I lost it on the poor girl teller - she asked me to stop swearing at her. 😆 I had to leave, drive 20 miles home, get my "wife's permission" (LOL!!!) to transfer the plates in writing, to bring another 20 miles back, to sit ANOTHER hour to get my registration and title!!!  😠 This state will drive you INSAAAANE with the idiocy!!

That's what I did the first 6 hours of my day today! If anyone tells you to move to MA, RUN the other way!! 😂 

Hopefully someone can now laugh at this story. 😜

I'll tell all the folks moving here MA has the form of governing they are used too! 

Just gas up and keep going to MA!🤣

Edited by Snowcamo
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

I'll tell all the folks moving here MA has the form of governing they are used too! 

Just gas up and keep going to MA!🤣

My wife goes to the rec center almost daily to swim. Almost daily she meets blue state transplants, most from California. They are tickled that they sold their million dollar house and bought for much less here. Are amazed that prices are cheaper here. Then they complain they can’t find like minded people. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

My wife goes to the rec center almost daily to swim. Almost daily she meets blue state transplants, most from California. They are tickled that they sold their million dollar house and bought for much less here. Are amazed that prices are cheaper here. Then they complain they can’t find like minded people. 

I fear soon enough the state will turn blue. 

The amount of folks moving here is like dumping ants on another ant mound.  Crazy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

They're like parasites. The things they believe in and vote for destroy the place they live, so they move, leaving all the poor people stuck in the quagmire they created. Then they move to greener pastures, and F-up that place the same exact way! 

Even in MA it happens. People from Boston moved west into my hometown. Now my dad pays $6,300 a year in property taxes, and they're going up EVERY year exponentially, due to all the idiots in that town voting in every single Proposition 2-1/2 override that comes up for vote. These people think by throwing government and money at problems will make them better, when in fact the 180° opposite is true.

Part of me thinks this is all part of the grand plan - these people are being PAID to do this. My small town of 5k people here is starting to vote with the leftists. It's been a Conservative stronghold forever. Somehow some leftist candidates mysteriously got voted into our select board, and here we go, down the path of every other MA town / city.  They think they're creating a utopia, but the only thing they're accomplishing is setting us up for American Revolution 2.0, and this one is going to be ugly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

They're like parasites. The things they believe in and vote for destroy the place they live, so they move, leaving all the poor people stuck in the quagmire they created. Then they move to greener pastures, and F-up that place the same exact way! 

Even in MA it happens. People from Boston moved west into my hometown. Now my dad pays $6,300 a year in property taxes, and they're going up EVERY year exponentially, due to all the idiots in that town voting in every single Proposition 2-1/2 override that comes up for vote. These people think by throwing government and money at problems will make them better, when in fact the 180° opposite is true.

Part of me thinks this is all part of the grand plan - these people are being PAID to do this. My small town of 5k people here is starting to vote with the leftists. It's been a Conservative stronghold forever. Somehow some leftist candidates mysteriously got voted into our select board, and here we go, down the path of every other MA town / city.  They think they're creating a utopia, but the only thing they're accomplishing is setting us up for American Revolution 2.0, and this one is going to be ugly.

Some of the nicest cities in the US are in California. Or should I say once were.

• Like 1