Which HD

I used to have a 05 1500HD as you can tell by my profile name but I traded it for a Tacoma then I was never really happy with downsizing to a midsize truck. In 2018 I got my current truck which is a 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4x4. It had 59,****** miles on it then and I’ve got 84,3xx on it now.  The most thing I dislike is the V4 or AFM system. 

I’ve found a couple 2500HD trucks for sale close by I was thinking about maybe trading towards. One is a 2014 LT with 150,000 miles on it and the other one is 2015 LT with 157,000 miles on it. 

Is there any differences other than looks ?  Would anyone shy away from either of these with the mileage?  I’ve never had a vehicle with that many miles. 

I'd want lots of history on what has or hasn't been done to each truck at that mileage.

Both use the same 6.0/6L90e transmission and same controller but programming is likely tweaked some for the model year changes and what not.

Broken exhaust manifold bolts are very common on those trucks. So are failed torque converters. I'd want to know if the torque converter has been replaced or if the transmission has been replaced. Because if the TC fails, it takes out the front pump on the transmission which leads to a rebuild/replacement.

Otherwise I see fleets with well over 200,000+ miles on those trucks all the time.

Mechanically from 2014 to 2015 so frame, brakes, drivetrain, pretty much identical between the two. 

Obviously the big difference is the body change and interior change between the two.  The 2014 is the same as 07-13 HD, the 15 HD would be like your 2014 1500 you had.  

Now, this could be total coincidence but going off our history of 6L80/6L90 repairs and replacements at work, the 07-14 HD trucks I think we had all of one out for a replacement.  15-19 we've put in torque converters, some had a bit more than that like pump and 4-5-6 clutches.  Not sure what changed on the converter from 07-14 to 15-19 but something sure did.  

Yeah, I’m not sure what to do or if I should pass on them. I only owe $5,000 on my current 14 (bought in ‘18), but I’ve heard so many trucks that are my generation have failed torque converters  and/or transmission issues that’s why I’ve been thinking more about going back to a HD.  Plus, if the dealer gives me what my truck is worth, I could pretty much not owe anything on the HD and it be paid for. 

3 hours ago, 05 1500HD said:

This is one of the pics on the 14. Does this look like frame rust to y’all?IMG_3028.thumb.jpeg.e6dc4719c665b8e2ec43bdb5c3b7b680.jpeg

Definitely surface rust at a minimum (orange/brown spots).  The grayish looking area is dried and dirty frame wax most likely.  Perhaps was a coastal truck so exposure to salty sea air?