Best Cold Air Inatke 6.6 Gasser

Hey fellas, 

I'm leaning towards S&B but, I've read that one needs to choose the dry filter because the one with oil can mess up the computer system?

Also, which brand do yall like best?

S&B, AFE,K&N, Rotofab?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MacLaren

• 2 weeks later...

K&N filters do flow more air, BUT they also filter less and allow more particles to get through the filter.  The oil in the filter media will also get on your MAF sensor and cause issues.  This is very well documented.

Modern stock intakes flow more than enough air for the engines needs.  All you're going to get with an after market air intake is some intake noise.  

If that is something you'd like, go for it.  Other than that it is a 100% waste of money and could also give GM a reason to void a warranty claim.

I personally will stick with OEM filters with the OEM intake.    Maybe Purolator One or WIX air filters in the stock intake?  Probably just stick with AC Delco to be 100% safe.

The oiled filters are so overkill for a road machine and can only cause issues.  We used to oil our dirt bike filters back when I raced but they are ridden in very DIRTY environments and are two strokes so no maf or any other electronics to get messed up. 
I stick with stock. I’ve never even revved my truck past 5k and 99% of the time it’s 3k tops. Stock set up is more than enough 

Edited by Pryme

• 3 weeks later...