05 Silverado z71 4wd Suspension

Question pertaining to the shocks. I have noticed lately a much stiffer ride, albeit the roads in my area are anything but smooth. However, on highway driving the bumps seem more pronounced than prior. 

-Toyo open county MT (no lift) 

-no heavy hauling (daily driver)

- no real off-roading besides an occasional trip into a wet pasture when 4wd may be needed. 

I have had shocks replaced once in the trucks life (255,000Mi) with OE replacement. 

How would a full set of double tube shocks affect the ride vs a new set of mono. 
Almost pulled the trigger on some Billstein 5100s. Heard good reviews on their product line. Just curious if sticking with mono would be better than changing up and getting a set of the double tube shocks.

Anybody have any experience with attempts to smooth out the ride. I know it won’t drive like a Caddy but any thing is better than having the ass end thrown to the side, and knocking the dome lights out the ceiling liner when hitting pot holes.