Fitting 3 child seats in back seat

Baker17

I've seen pictures of people fitting 3 child seats in the back of their silverados/trucks, and want to figure out how they did it. I just got a new Silverado 2023 Crew cab recently, and noticed that only the left and right rear seats have the lower anchors, and the center does not. Are people using the normal seat belt to secure the 3rd middle child seat, instead of using the anchors? Is there an option to install anchor to the middle seat? Any suggestions welcome!

21 hours ago, Baker17 said:

I've seen pictures of people fitting 3 child seats in the back of their silverados/trucks, and want to figure out how they did it. I just got a new Silverado 2023 Crew cab recently, and noticed that only the left and right rear seats have the lower anchors, and the center does not. Are people using the normal seat belt to secure the 3rd middle child seat, instead of using the anchors? Is there an option to install anchor to the middle seat? Any suggestions welcome!

Pages 70-90 of the owners manual.  That book is quite the good read.

23_CHEV_Silverado_1500_OM_en_US_U_84883873B_2022DEC14_2P.pdf (chevrolet.com)

Edited by newdude
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, Penguin VII said:

I wouldn't be either if I was forced to go on strike and get paid $250 a week by a union that I'm paying $100 a month to already so they can tell me I'm welcome to go back to a job that hasn't changed and that I get no additional benefit from.

It seems very clear to me that unions had their time and sad to say but automation is steadily replacing all these jobs. All unions do now is inflate the price of labor. If there were no union than every auto manufacture would surely lower their wages, which would result in people leaving and/or not caring about the work, which would lead to poor QA (which lets face it GM doesn't need any more of) which would then lead to GM folding or smartening up and paying higher wages for more skilled labor.

I feel worst for kids that are just starting work at these companies that are moving as quickly as possible to automate, they are the ones that will feel this the most as their jobs are cut halfway through their career and they are left with few options outside of learning a trade or going back to college. Rant over.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:58 PM, newdude said:

Pages 70-90 of the owners manual.  That book is quite the good read.

23_CHEV_Silverado_1500_OM_en_US_U_84883873B_2022DEC14_2P.pdf (chevrolet.com)

This file is a find for me today, exactly what I was looking for.