Gauge Additions to '23-'24 Dash

'24 Gauges in my instrument cluster were a disappointment . A Bar Graph with a Min - Max ?? Really.... for a HD Duramax ??  I selected the max level display available and still not happy.

Aftermarket the two first ones I found to add, were Banks, that mount on the "A" pillar, ans a 3 x 5" flat one from ScanGauge.

I chose the latter as I did not want clutter on the "A" pillar. Pleased the ScanGauge mounts anywhere, and has an incredible amount of custom Data You can choose to display in real time and historical  data accumulated.

After reading issues with some Duramax Oil Pressure, Alt. 12v charging, I put these into the display for real time view.

Also DEF Tank Level, Boost PSI, Engine and Trans Temp..........

Also acts as a Diagnostic Tool to read Fault Codes.  Simple install plug in to Diag. Port.

SCAN GAUGE III ON '24 GMC.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

'24 Gauges in my instrument cluster were a disappointment . A Bar Graph with a Min - Max ?? Really.... for a HD Duramax ??  I selected the max level display available and still not happy.

Aftermarket the two first ones I found to add, were Banks, that mount on the "A" pillar, ans a 3 x 5" flat one from ScanGauge.

I chose the latter as I did not want clutter on the "A" pillar. Pleased the ScanGauge mounts anywhere, and has an incredible amount of custom Data You can choose to display in real time and historical  data accumulated.

After reading issues with some Duramax Oil Pressure, Alt. 12v charging, I put these into the display for real time view.

Also DEF Tank Level, Boost PSI, Engine and Trans Temp..........

Also acts as a Diagnostic Tool to read Fault Codes.  Simple install plug in to Diag. Port.

SCAN GAUGE III ON '24 GMC.jpg

I have the same gauge and have posted about it a few times. I mounted mine in the bottom left corner of the window it’s so much easier to see there. I’d consider putting it there if I were you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pryme said:

I have the same gauge and have posted about it a few times. I mounted mine in the bottom left corner of the window it’s so much easier to see there. I’d consider putting it there if I were you. 

Thanks for the tip.

3 minutes ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

Thanks for the tip.

No problem. The wire routes very easily and cleanly up under the weather stripping in along the back of the dash. The only place you will see it is a few inches up along the A pillar under the grab handle. But it makes it so simple to see. I wedged mine basically between the Apillar and the rounded section that rises up surrounding the gauges on the dash. 

Can anyone with the Scangauge 3 confirm that the display will show what gear the trans is in ?   I am interested in having it for towing. I have learned that locking out some overdrive gears will keep the trans from picking on terrain that changes a lot. My 2021 would occasionally go into 6th gear while on a downgrade. It typically ran in 4th or 5th but 6th was unsustainable while towing a 12k fifth wheel. I really want to know what gear is the sweet spot for my 10 spd and then set that as the max gear on my shift selector. 

11 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

Can anyone with the Scangauge 3 confirm that the display will show what gear the trans is in ?   I am interested in having it for towing. I have learned that locking out some overdrive gears will keep the trans from picking on terrain that changes a lot. My 2021 would occasionally go into 6th gear while on a downgrade. It typically ran in 4th or 5th but 6th was unsustainable while towing a 12k fifth wheel. I really want to know what gear is the sweet spot for my 10 spd and then set that as the max gear on my shift selector. 

It has the ability on certain vehicles but this truck isn’t one of them unfortunately. Unless the 24 does I am not sure. It can only display what is there to read. 

My '24 HD Duramax with ScanGauge III, does not seem to respond to the trans gear. I have it selected in a watch window. Will keep working on it. There are over a hundred sensors to choose, and some custom ones to download. I will contact the mfg. to ask on this Gm Allison.

However, I think it's Awesome otherwise !!  Digital Real Time volts, Engine & trans temp, boot psi, torque, glow plug active, air inlet temp to intake.....AND DEF LEVEL !!

My only complaint is the Cat-5 network cable goes into the center lower rear. Had to bend up an aluminum bracket I made,  to allow some offset. Going to get a 90 deg. adapter from L-Com Inc. near Boston, to compact it better.

Manual attached. Will add my mounting pic next.

ScanGauge-3_User_Manual_1.2.pdf

1 hour ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

It has three pages of 9 monitors to customize. Can see the 1-2-3 page selection under the engine torque display.

Don’t forget the ability to change between an infinite number of color combinations. I went with white and red because it matches my old school analog gauges best

Thanks Pryme.

64BAwagon posted if the SG-III can display current Allison gear. I got a reply back from the mfg. yesterday that they will look into it. I looked at every std. & the X codes available in my device, and on their website, and only found the "Recommended Gear" choice, that stays at displaying "Neutral" and never changes.

Other Allison in motion choices are Input RPM (from the crank) and Output RPM to the driveshaft. These DO function.

That digital code info must be available somewhere in the ECM or other control module, to control the shift points.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

I did notice on mine it also had TCC slip%. I selected it to see what it shows but the roads are too sloppy and my truck is clean 😎

20231203_130823.jpg

Glad to see you finally got it. If you notice it bouncing a bit over bumps(these trucks are lumber wagons after all at heart) you might find yourself lowing it down. I put a piece of soft Velcro on the bottom right corner and put the scangauge so that bottom corner is wedged in there nicely so it doesn’t bounce at all. 
what gauges are you running on the other two screens? I can’t remember if I saw that tcc% I wonder if it’s only on the 10spd? I use all the others y on show. 
it has two different cat temps are you only showing one? They are always the same and change 1deg apart at times but basically the same.