Thoughts on trading in before 100k

Coming from a guy who had the new truck. The K2 truck seats are far more comfortable, look better, ride better, all my K2's got better fuel economy. The only thing I can say the T1's have better is the 10 speed. That transmission is unbelievable!!! 

My 19  High Country rode like crap. Bounced around all the time in the rear end. I know the newer ones have adaptive ride control now....that might help.

My step dad has a 2020 Denali and I feel driving it and mine back to back the transmission is the only real game changer. My 8 speed is night and day better with new TQ converter and fluid though.. I do like that the T1s can select the different driving modes. 

I'd keep it. Let the market go down. People can't keep surviving on these gas prices, grocery prices, high interest rates on vehicles and houses!!!   The economy is hanging by a thread!!   Also make the decision based on YOUR needs.....not from someone elses or to "keep up with the Jones'" Good luck with your decision. 

• Thanks 1

I was pretty sure holding onto this one is the right decision, thanks for the confirmation. I like the LTZ package, sure I would like something different, but it's a lot of money between this one that hasn't had payments for a while and the next one. Luckily for me I work from home, we have a 1 year old family vehicle and I can handle it if this truck is out of commission for a little while due to a transmission issue or other long term. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ll play the other side of the coin. I have had two trucks during the last 20 years. My 2003 2500 Duramax hit 298K when we parted company while my 2018 1500 had 57K. I’m in the “service court” when it comes to my vehicles. While I don’t abuse them, I do use them. I retire at the end of this year and the wife and I intend to use our travel trailer a lot. I wanted something that I didn’t have to be as cautious with when towing out West, hence the move back up to the 2500.

Personally, I don’t feel the economy is in the ******. I bought my first home when interest rates were 15%. Costco fuel is under $3 bucks and I wanted a new truck so….

Not the best deal I ever made on a vehicle but we can afford it and hopefully we will enjoy it in our retirement. 

I’m not telling you to go out and buy a new truck (or used for that matter) but rather weigh all the factors and then you’ll know when to buy.

Good luck.

PS… looks like I’ll be over on the HD forum now. Should be interesting.

2 hours ago, Capt Bob said:

Well I’ll play the other side of the coin. I have had two trucks during the last 20 years. My 2003 2500 Duramax hit 298K when we parted company while my 2018 1500 had 57K. I’m in the “service court” when it comes to my vehicles. While I don’t abuse them, I do use them. I retire at the end of this year and the wife and I intend to use our travel trailer a lot. I wanted something that I didn’t have to be as cautious with when towing out West, hence the move back up to the 2500.

Personally, I don’t feel the economy is in the ******. I bought my first home when interest rates were 15%. Costco fuel is under $3 bucks and I wanted a new truck so….

Not the best deal I ever made on a vehicle but we can afford it and hopefully we will enjoy it in our retirement. 

I’m not telling you to go out and buy a new truck (or used for that matter) but rather weigh all the factors and then you’ll know when to buy.

Good luck.

PS… looks like I’ll be over on the HD forum now. Should be interesting.

Yea, my first house in the seventies had high interest rates. About the same time we had odd-even gas days. Suffering through those times taught me to be a saver so I could be ready for another. Like now. It retired at 58 ten years ago. I’m glad you don’t think the economy is in the toilet. Most people are feeling the effects of bad decisions. Maybe on one of your trips you might check out the southern border or visit a major city. Just make sure you’re on the way before dark. Maybe if you’re in the market for a slightly used truck you’d be in luck. I read after the first there’s about to be a bunch of repos on the market. That will drive the prices down. Good luck with your new truck, happy travels.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure youre going to see a major shift in the used truck market soon. The days of a used late model selling for near new prices is gone like a fart in a hurricane. I am seeing advertised deals on new ones that are pre-2019 levels. Incentives are back. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

I am pretty sure youre going to see a major shift in the used truck market soon. The days of a used late model selling for near new prices is gone like a fart in a hurricane. I am seeing advertised deals on new ones that are pre-2019 levels. Incentives are back. 

Selling dealer was offering, without my asking, 10K over what I paid for it during COVID. Now 10% over median Kelly BB trade. :crackup: