Key Fob question

From my experience, you cannot. For my 2019 Silverado, I had to follow the procedure in the manual to (1) clear all programmed remotes, then (2) add each remote, starting with the one you want to be #1, then #2, and so on. It takes time, but not difficult at all.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:31 AM, Gregg Babbitt said:

i have three key fobs for my 2019 Silverado. Number 1 and 3 work. Number 2 is broke. How can I make number 3 the number 2 so the seat and mirror settings can be used?

You need the dealer.  They will have to delete all existing keys and then reprogram the two working ones you want to be driver 1 and driver 2.  

I have a similar issue except both #1 and #2 keyfobs are with previous owners.  Spoke with dealership and they said they would do exactly what NEWDUDE reported.  They also said since I did not buy my working #3 keyfob from them that they would be hesitant at reprogramming and instead selling a new one ($500).  I decided the Memory settings are not that important when I am the only driver.

There are youtube videos on how to reprogram as long as you have a physical key.   Looks simple enough to follow but I have held off because its not yet a priority for me...will do that before paying dealership though.

Edited by Hockeycajun23

3 hours ago, Naughty Donkey Performance said:

OP has a 2019 listed as his truck.

Sorry, old age getting to me.

You are absolutely correct! It's in his manual. Somewhere around the beginning, like page 19...

Screenshot_20240209_213209_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.97dcad3872f9855386fc2fcaa3187c53.jpg

• Like 1