In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

External CD player options?

has anyone here added one of those external CD players work being plugged into the USB port? I have the basic radio in my new body style 2019 silverado. No XM, no Nav, and no CD player. I would like to add  cd player bc I have hundreds of CDs, Thanks.

I ripped my cd's to a usb stick.

You can have the entire library with you, but don't need to fill the backseat with hundreds of cd's.   

47 minutes ago, redwngr said:

I ripped my cd's to a usb stick.

You can have the entire library with you, but don't need to fill the backseat with hundreds of cd's.   

While this is true, it can be a PITA to decide how you want to sort the music to the various sticks. And it can be tricky to set up various playback methods other than "random" across everything.

I've ripped everything to disk years ago and copy stuff onto smaller drives to take with me in the vehicles. My IDEAL solution was an iPod Touch that I left permanently connected to my 2015 Sliverado, but the new trucks no longer support operating them (touch devices - phones and iPods - do not support being accessed purely as a storage device and there are no operating controls that can correctly communicate with the iPod software).

4 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I have a question. If the system will play from an external cd player, won't it also play from a usb drive?

the external CD player would plug into the USB port. I normally would carry 4-5 discs in a small case at a time.

14 hours ago, ember1205 said:

While this is true, it can be a PITA to decide how you want to sort the music to the various sticks. And it can be tricky to set up various playback methods other than "random" across everything.

I've ripped everything to disk years ago and copy stuff onto smaller drives to take with me in the vehicles. My IDEAL solution was an iPod Touch that I left permanently connected to my 2015 Sliverado, but the new trucks no longer support operating them (touch devices - phones and iPods - do not support being accessed purely as a storage device and there are no operating controls that can correctly communicate with the iPod software).

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind.