2000 Sierra P0446

Have an Evap system code.  A bit of research and the vapor canister valve could be a likely suspect.  I searched videos on replacing that and it seems every truck has a diff system, none matching mine.  

For a while I though maybe the valve was internal to the charcoal canister.  There isn't one to be see anywhere in the areas all the videos showed.

However, I did just find a video that showed it on top of the canister.  The guy removed the bed to get to it. 

Since I have a 2000 GMC, I also have a fuel pump replacement hatch cut into my bed.  It has a tool box on it, and isn't super easy to get to.  So I thought I'd ask what the likely hood is that I have an internal to the canister valve vs one that is completely out of site from under the truck but could be accessed from my 12"x12" hatch.

thanks, 

It may be toward the front of the tank, stick your hand up there and see if you can feel it.  The FP is in the middle of the tank so the hatch may not help. Bed removal is not as hard as it sounds, Unbolt it and just prop the left side up high enough to work on it