Eliminating Bose all together

I'm currently running the stock Bose with a JL HD750-1 feeding a Stealthbox with 2 12's. It's good if I'm sitting still but I feel like as soon as I start driving and have to turn it up it loses the sound. I know Bose does a lot of funky stuff, including their crazy all pass filters and so on so I was looking for ways around the amp. As I understand it, the amp is where all the processing happens? I saw the Axess AXDSPX-ETH1 a few weeks ago and have been thinking maybe that's the way. I still have a Soundstream Van Gogh 600/4 and two pairs of old Diamond Audio H600S's that I had and loved in my '97 Tahoe, so that helps. 

Does anyone have experience with the Axess AXDSPX-ETH1? @wblackburn86 I saw you mentioned this recently, have you had a chance to use it yet?

My only other issue is how to either: A) run a second 4 gauge power wire or B) get a 1/0 back to the back wall? My current 4 gauge power is coming through the passenger side grommet (what a PITA that was, haha).  The snow plow prep shows to run power up under the window cowl down into the driver side grommet. Was thinking about doing that.  I'll want to run new speaker wire, though, and I'm not sure how much room is going to be available in the tracks? I don't remember what the passenger side looks like with the 4 gauge in there.

I don't have a ton of time to be down, so I saw this back wall amp rack that looked like it'd be helpful:  https://soundsgoodstereo.com/products/2019-2021-gmc-sierra-chevrolet-silverado-custom-made-amplifier-rack-plate-board

Or should I just stick the second amp under the passenger seat?

Or do I say screw it and save this money for a supercharger and headers? 😆

Axxess units are hit and miss. You either love them (because they are likely the only way to get rid of the Bose amplifier without reverse engineering the audio signals across the media bus), or hate them (because they are a black box and have less than stellar reliability and support). I'm running an Alpine Optim8 DSP/amp and it works well enough for the price. I'd absolutely recommend a DSP of some sort to help clean up your signal. 

I ran a 4ga wire through the passenger fender and door grommet. There's plenty of space in the wiring channels under the floor trim pieces on both passenger and driver sides for thick cabling. 

• Like 1