High Suspension

Hello, all!

I have a 2024 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Dually High Country. This truck sits about 2 inches higher than a comparable Denali and another High Country, which I also have. Neither truck has the Snow Plow, or front camper spring setup. The trucks have the same RPO codes (with only differences being GMC). I have not been able to find any differences with the RPO codes, or the window stickers. 

Lastly, the Chevy top of the bed is the same height as 2500 AT4X/ZR2, which I have compared as well, its that high, and is throwing off my trailering setup. The other Chevy and GMC is not, it is about 2 inches lower, and is very noticeable, especially in the wheel well space.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, HighTowing said:

Hello, all!

I have a 2024 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Dually High Country. This truck sits about 2 inches higher than a comparable Denali and another High Country, which I also have. Neither truck has the Snow Plow, or front camper spring setup. The trucks have the same RPO codes (with only differences being GMC). I have not been able to find any differences with the RPO codes, or the window stickers. 

Lastly, the Chevy top of the bed is the same height as 2500 AT4X/ZR2, which I have compared as well, its that high, and is throwing off my trailering setup. The other Chevy and GMC is not, it is about 2 inches lower, and is very noticeable, especially in the wheel well space.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What year trucks are you comparing your 2024 to?  Are you comparing dually to dually?  

Edited by newdude

Well,

Your 2024 dually probably has 18" wheels, so that's going to make a difference.  My Silverado DRW definitely sits higher than my ram dually (getting in it) did but the height from the ground to the top of he bed was 60" on both trucks.

My 5ver sits the same on the Silverado as it did the ram.

1 hour ago, HighTowing said:

Hello, all!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pictures?

2 hours ago, newdude said:

What year trucks are you comparing your 2024 to?  Are you comparing dually to dually?  

I am comparing my truck to a 2024 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD Dually. My truck sits 2 inches higher than the GMC. Both are dually, both are diesel, 4wd, neither has the snow plow or camper package.

1 hour ago, sstoner911 said:

Well,

Your 2024 dually probably has 18" wheels, so that's going to make a difference.  My Silverado DRW definitely sits higher than my ram dually (getting in it) did but the height from the ground to the top of he bed was 60" on both trucks.

My 5ver sits the same on the Silverado as it did the ram.

I am comparing dually to dually, High Country to Denali. The Denali sits 2 inches lower than my High Country.

ZR2 and 3500 use the same rear U Bolts. The ZR2 uses a 1.5" lift puck, and the 3500 has an overload spring pack that probably measures about the same so that could explain the rear at least. Dunno about why a dually to dually would be so much higher unless one or the other had the keys turned or came out of the factory out of Z Trim Height spec.

14 hours ago, HighTowing said:

I am comparing my truck to a 2024 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD Dually. My truck sits 2 inches higher than the GMC. Both are dually, both are diesel, 4wd, neither has the snow plow or camper package.

Smart @ss question...were both on the same level ground and next to each other?  How did you measure?  

Going off the data in the upfitter book, you should measure 54" at the top rear of the bed rail from the ground measuring off of a flat, level surface. .    

Both the HC and the Denali in dually form, there should be zero difference in height as they are the exact same trucks underneath.  Same frame, springs, axles, etc.  The duallies even both use the exact same pickup boxes.  And both are on those new 18 inch wheels they use which use a 32.8" tire.  

The only other plausible difference is if its a 2020-2023 that has the 17" wheels which use a smaller tire (31.8").

dually.thumb.png.343b5318fad60fd385c0b73209d676d9.png

Edited by newdude