just wanted to give an update on my 21 at4 that has the 6.2 liter

im writing the review while fresh on my mind 

one bank of lifter went out and were replaced at 9,000 miles

and now yesterday lifters went down again at 99,000 miles 

i’m in a loaner from dealer I bought it from will be interesting to see if they were the replacement lifters or the original factory lifters 

stay tuned for more details 

2 hours ago, Bob’s Sierra said:

just wanted to give an update on my 21 at4 that has the 6.2 liter

im writing the review while fresh on my mind 

one bank of lifter went out and were replaced at 9,000 miles

and now yesterday lifters went down again at 99,000 miles 

i’m in a loaner from dealer I bought it from will be interesting to see if they were the replacement lifters or the original factory lifters 

stay tuned for more details 

Whos gonna pay for this?

when I bought the truck new in january of 21 they offered me 0% or 2.5% that came with a 4 year 125,000 warranty bumper to bumper 

this should be covered under warranty 

I believe that warranty has a $750 deductible 

stay tuned for me details 

3 hours ago, Bob’s Sierra said:

*the dealer is paying for the loaner 

which is a brand new elevation with the 3.0 dmax 

Lucky you.... I was given a 24 Malibu. GOLD colored at that. (mine went out yesterday)

Edited by lennybg

The dealer just called and stated the misfire was occurring on cylinder number 8

They will start the breakdown process next week 

The original issue in 2021 was on cylinder number 1 and that bank of lifters, pushrods etc was replaced when the truck had 9,000 miles on it 

So if I understand this correctly this would the opposite bank and be the factory lifters from 2021

He was also going to get with the warranty company on this repair 

On 4/26/2024 at 1:16 PM, Bob’s Sierra said:

The dealer just called and stated the misfire was occurring on cylinder number 8

They will start the breakdown process next week 

The original issue in 2021 was on cylinder number 1 and that bank of lifters, pushrods etc was replaced when the truck had 9,000 miles on it 

So if I understand this correctly this would the opposite bank and be the factory lifters from 2021

He was also going to get with the warranty company on this repair 

Did the warranty company give you any crap over the repair? Im asking because my 19 just dumped a lifter(s) last week, it's still under the GM power train warranty until 05\21\24 so i got in just under the wire. I do have an aftermarket warranty that covers me until 130K, but im worried that if this happens to the other bank of lifters, they are going to try to weasel their way out of not paying. All oil changes have been done at the dealership since ive owned it (1yr) but i have no records of the previous owners oil changes. 

I have no idea what’s truly going on with the truck at this point 

all I know is they plug it up last week and stated misfire on cyl 8, other than that the truck has not moved in the parking lot all week per onstar 

id imagine it will be a while before they tear into it and get a true diagnosis then we will see what warranty co has to say 

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Well I finally have an update , it’s the right bank of lifters 

the dealer worked with the extended warranty company to swap out both banks of lifters 

this will come with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty 

total cost of repair is $4900, I will pay $200 per my deductible on my extended warranty 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My 2019 Trail Boss 5.3 with 34K miles had the dreaded lifter failure on May 10th I had installed the Pulsar LT prior hoping it would help, it will not lol. Any ways my 5 yrs was up but have an extended warranty 107.00 out of pocket and was out of my truck for a month. They replaced both sides down to the cam…..saw the original invoice 9800K. Now I am curious can or will it happen again? Weak lifters? DFM? If it’s the DFM then I am wondering if it’s been disabled? Also it took about 7-10 days for diagnostics 

Edited by tkaser
Update

10 hours ago, tkaser said:

My 2019 Trail Boss 5.3 with 34K miles had the dreaded lifter failure on May 10th I had installed the Pulsar LT prior hoping it would help, it will not lol. Any ways my 5 yrs was up but have an extended warranty 107.00 out of pocket and was out of my truck for a month. They replaced both sides down to the cam…..saw the original invoice 9800K. Now I am curious can or will it happen again? Weak lifters? DFM? If it’s the DFM then I am wondering if it’s been disabled? Also it took about 7-10 days for diagnostics 

If a dealership did the repair they would not disable the DFM. Sorry for the bad news but there is no reason to believe that the OEM parts that they just replaced will not fail again. 

Well I just got a phone call from the dealer. Thinking the call would be that truck was ready . Nope!

When they got into the engine they saw the cam shaft was worn 

now they are having the insurance adjuster to come and represent the extended warranty company 

they will put their input in on a path forward 

we keep mixing old parts with new parts 

at what point and who is final decision maker on if u get a new engine 

Well my truck has been there 2 months 

it needs camshaft lifters etc for the tune of $9,000.00

my deductible is $200

the extended warranty co will cover this expense 

but I’m opting for a new engine that will come with a 100,000 mile warranty 

the after market warranty co will pay $9,000 and I’ll pay the difference out of pocket for the new engine