2500 Wheels for 1500

New to the forum and it looks like a nice place to hang out and get good info. I am however looking for something maybe you guys could help me.

I really like the look of the 2500 alloy wheels with the center caps. I would like to put them on my 1500 z71, but they are 8 lug and my truck is 6 lug. Does anyone know if these wheels are available?

Also I am thinking of putting flowmaster exhaust on. It would probably be the delta series with 1 input/2 outputs. Has anyone here done this? Are you happy with it? I just want something with a little more performance sound but not real loud.

Thanks for the info.

First of all, welcome to the board! :cheers:

Regarding your questions, I honestly don't know about the wheels but I doubt you'll find that style in a 6 lug. If you haven't seen many other GM 6-lug wheels, I'd encourage you to look them over...I found a great buy (on this board) for some polished GMC wheels. Good luck!

From what you're describing, the Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 or 50 series would probably provide the sound you're looking forward. There are other really good performance mufflers available and there's been a TON of discussion among board members here. A quick search for 'muffler' will yield a lot of hits. :lol:

:smash:

Thanks for the info. I haven't seen these rims on a 1500, but thought they would look nice. I found a few aftermarket rims I like, but I think it is the center cap that I like the most. I will keep searching.

I know this is not what you are looking for, but this is a sample of some of the 16" 6-lugs you can get for your 1500. (I have the painted version of this same wheel on my 1500, and my dad has the chrom looking ones.) These are pretty close to the 8-lug in styel etc. I like the center caps "hub" looking thing. However, I personally would prefer the Z-71 wheels for my own truck.

This link goes to an Ebay auction. (I appologize, but it is one of the best search engines on the planet for information on consumer products hehe)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43956

You can actually get lucky sometimes and get a complete set of four of these wheels W/ the OEM tires (which are not bad tires in any way from what I can tell) for anywhere from $100-$200. Sometimes even local and you can just pick them up and not have to pay some ridiculous shipping charge.

Wulfgott

Well,you'd have to have an 6 lug to 8 lug adapter and to be wuite honest,the '04 6 lug 17" wheels look better than any GM factory 8 lug made IMO.

If you want a better look,try to find a set of Silverado or Sierra '04 take off 6 lugs as they are nice for facotry rims.If you are dead set on the 8 lugs,try to find some adapters because that's about your only choice.

I also like the look fo the HD wheels. The closest I have found were Weld Outbacks or Centerline Wildcats (I think that id the Centerline style). Check these out.... I will probably go with the Centerlines since they are a bit cheaper. I saw a 1500 truck in my hometown last week with this style wheel and it looked awesome. My girlfriend knows that I want HD wheels on my truck (she knows what they look like) and she thought that the truck was an HD.

Your in luck,GM offers the same wheel as the 2500 in a 6-lug pattern as an accessory wheel.Its part #12498842 and includes the wheel,lug nuts,valve stem and ctr.cap you must order in a multiple of four and they list for $250.00 each.

I have looked at the wildcats and outbacks and like them both. The only thing i am not sure of is the backspacing. The ones I looked at had like 4" backspacing and wasn't sure if they would stick out too much and rub. I would also like to put some 285 75R16 tires on there and I think they would be fine with the stock rims, but not sure about the others.

Your in luck,GM offers the same wheel as the 2500 in a 6-lug pattern as an accessory wheel.Its part #12498842 and includes the wheel,lug nuts,valve stem and ctr.cap you must order in a multiple of four and they list for $250.00 each.

Are these wheels you mention the polished aluminum 'HD' style wheel (not the chromeed steel)? Do you know the backspacing specs of the 6-lug version? Also, what is the size... 16 x 8, 16 x 7? Any pics available?

Yes,they are the polished forged HD style wheels,the size is 16x6.5 but I don't know the backspacing. I would have to call GM to confirm that,as far as pictures if you go to your local GM dealer parts dept. and tell them them to pull up "parts action bulletin #AIBW03-015" you can see a picture there,its identical to the 8-lug 2500/2500HD wheel.

Do you know where I can find a picture of this? I found the part on gmpartsdirect.com, but they do not show a picture.

Yeah.... I have tried every site that I can find to see a picture of these wheels (still no luck). Someone on here has got to work at a dealership that can post a picture of these :D . Most of the dealerships around here don't know their head from a hole in the wall when it comes to parts. :lol:

Someone on here has got to work at a dealership that can post a picture of these

Well I work at a GM dealer, but I am unable to post the picture I have because it is on a whole different "in-house" computer system. :crackup:

But they are the same as the 8-lug wheels only they are 6-lug.

Archived