Vent Visors

Looking to add some ventvisors to my truck (2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab short bed). I like the way they look and am also attracted by the fact that I can leave my windows cracked while my truck is parked in the hot sun.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1) I've seen two different types; those that adhere to the outside of the body with tape, and those that are "in-channel" types (which appear to use tape also). AVS makes an "in channel" that I like the looks of, and one good part is that if I ever want to take them off, I won't have tape marks/faded paint. However, I'm not quite sure how they install. It seems to me that if they actually slide in the window channel that they would affect the weatherstripping or how well the window fits. Can anyone comment on this?

2) Since I've got the extended cab, I have the option to get a 4pc set and put some over the rear windows. However, my rear windows crack open (not sure if they do on all trucks) and I'd like to know if vent visors will get in the way of the window and not allow it to open all the way and lock.

3) Any recommended brands? I like the look of the AVS slimline but will go with something else if it comes highly recommended.

Thanks,

Steve

Not sure on the silvi but I have the WeatherTech in channel on my burb. Only way to go. Slip into the window channels, no interfereance with the windows, very secure and good looking. Somewhat more $ but really worth it.

Looking to add some ventvisors to my truck (2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab short bed).  I like the way they look and am also attracted by the fact that I can leave my windows cracked while my truck is parked in the hot sun.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1) I've seen two different types; those that adhere to the outside of the body with tape, and those that are "in-channel" types (which appear to use tape also).  AVS makes an "in channel" that I like the looks of, and one good part is that if I ever want to take them off, I won't have tape marks/faded paint.  However, I'm not quite sure how they install.  It seems to me that if they actually slide in the window channel that they would affect the weatherstripping or how well the window fits.  Can anyone comment on this?

2) Since I've got the extended cab, I have the option to get a 4pc set and put some over the rear windows.  However, my rear windows crack open (not sure if they do on all trucks) and I'd like to know if vent visors will get in the way of the window and not allow it to open all the way and lock.

3) Any recommended brands?  I like the look of the AVS slimline but will go with something else if it comes highly recommended.

Thanks,

Steve

I've never used anything but those that are attached with tape. I've always been happy with them. Never had a faded paint problem with them but haven't taken them off that often I guess. I like the vent visors, have had them on every truck I've owned.

I picked up my last set from here:

http://gmc.autowebaccessories.com/store/gm...-cat919_931.php

These are a "GM Accessory" and have that logo on them.

Get the Weathertech in-channels.

Don't bother with the ones for the extended cab windows. They cover the top of the window but because those windows are swing out the rear of the visor sticks out pretty far. They look goofy to me!

Good advice everyone...I'll look at WeatherTechs and skip the ones over the rear windows.

Does the window weatherstrip really just pull out? How is it held in...obviously not any sort of epoxy. Do the WeatherTechs glue in there at all? How well does the weatherstrip fit/stay in the channel after you stick a vent visor in?

Thanks.

-Steve

I have ventvisors on my Silverado, the ones that stick on. They are great. I don't have the ones for the extended cab though. Rain will get in because of the way the window opens and the visors do look a bit goofy.

For my Suburban, I bought Wade brand in channel ones. They look cleaner, but the only thing I have found is that at higher speeds, 70-80 mph with a good side/head wind, you will notice a little bit of a squeeking or chirping sound from them. I don't know why, but they do. After you install them, you need to keep your windows UP for a few days, then they will be fine.

It is all personal preference. Good Luck! :fume:

I have the WeatherTech's on my 2000 Silverado and would never go back to the stick-on style. The only thing I've noticed is that, occasionally, the passenger side visor flutters a bit in the breeze. Just put the window back up to solve that problem... :fume: Mike

Archived