hello, just found this cool site hope to get some

abogoto

I have a 1997 GMC sierra extra cab with the 5.7L 130,000 miles. I got it from a state auction, it was a wildlife and fisheries truck. looks great has a "big ole" warn winch on the front. To my suprise, I get about 9-10 mpg! i'm sure this is not what this motor is supposed to get. I don;t know the rear end ratio. if there is any ideas out there to help me get this thing some better gas mileage please help! thanks

I have a 1997 GMC sierra extra cab with the 5.7L 130,000 miles. I got it from a state auction, it was a wildlife and fisheries truck.  looks great has a "big ole" warn winch on the front.  To my suprise, I get about 9-10 mpg!  i'm sure this is not what this motor is supposed to get. I don;t know the rear end ratio.  if there is any ideas out there to help me get this thing some better gas mileage please help!  thanks

well hate to say it but the mpg isnt all that far off with the extra weight of the heavyduty equipment that is used on wildlife trucks (more bracing and just tough parts.

i had 2 that we used as work trucks for off road recovery and with the 5.7s they did run forever but were kinda bad on gasmilage

i think that this is just a downfall of these trucks as other 5.7s can get alot better mpg

hope this helps ya

well hate to say it but the mpg isnt all that far off with the extra weight of the heavyduty equipment that is used on wildlife trucks (more bracing and just tough parts.

i had 2 that we used as work trucks for off road recovery and with the 5.7s they did run forever but were kinda bad on gasmilage

i think that this is just a downfall of these trucks as other 5.7s can get alot better mpg

hope this helps ya

My 5.7 (TBI though) gets 15...Even with a winch, I don't think he should be only getting 10 mpg in normal driving conditions.

Archived