Mirrors with blinkers

I currently have an '05 Sierra with the blinkers in the mirrors. I recently won a Lemon Law dispute against GM concerning the same truck. GM is replacing my truck with an '06 model. The '06 I'm getting has heated, self-dimming mirrors, but without blinkers. I have really grown to like those blinking mirrors, especially when towing.

My question is, can a vehicle without blinking mirrors be converted just by plug-n-play or is it a big hassle? There are quite a few blinking mirrors for just glass on Ebay for reasonable $$$. Is it possible? Thanks.

I currently have an '05 Sierra with the blinkers in the mirrors.  I recently won a Lemon Law dispute against GM concerning the same truck.  GM is replacing my truck with an '06 model.  The '06 I'm getting has heated, self-dimming mirrors, but without blinkers.  I have really grown to like those blinking mirrors, especially when towing.

My question is, can a vehicle without blinking mirrors be converted just by plug-n-play or is it a big hassle?  There are quite a few blinking mirrors for just glass on Ebay for reasonable $$$.  Is it possible?  Thanks.

What was wrong with tour truck as far as the lemon law?? : :D

I recently purchased some blinking mirrors (just the glass) off of ebay. Search on Muth Mirrors. To install them it was pretty easy, had to remove door panel, remove mirror housing, pop out old mirror, install new mirror, run new wire into door panel and splice into line, put it all back together. Took me about an hour to complete both mirrors.

The mirrors I got were heated with the turn signal integrated right into the mirror. As for the self dimming I don't recall seeing any of them available on e-bay.

Hope you find this helpful. Have a great day.

Bill

I currently have an '05 Sierra with the blinkers in the mirrors.  I recently won a Lemon Law dispute against GM concerning the same truck.  GM is replacing my truck with an '06 model.  The '06 I'm getting has heated, self-dimming mirrors, but without blinkers.  I have really grown to like those blinking mirrors, especially when towing.

My question is, can a vehicle without blinking mirrors be converted just by plug-n-play or is it a big hassle?  There are quite a few blinking mirrors for just glass on Ebay for reasonable $$$.  Is it possible?  Thanks.

I would guess that your 06 will be pre-wired for it. My wife's 02 was pre-wired for the auto-dimming driver's mirror.

So, I would do one of 2 things, 1) buy new mirrors and install them. (before buying them, remove the glass from one of them, and see if there is a wire in there,) or 2) ask them if you can swap the mirror glass from your old truck to your new one.

-t

How much did you pay for the Muth Mirrors?

I recently purchased some blinking mirrors (just the glass) off of ebay.  Search on Muth Mirrors.  To install them it was pretty easy, had to remove door panel, remove mirror housing, pop out old mirror, install new mirror, run new wire into door panel and splice into line, put it all back together.  Took me about an hour to complete both mirrors.

The mirrors I got were heated with the turn signal integrated right into the mirror.  As for the self dimming I don't recall seeing any of them available on e-bay.

Hope you find this helpful.  Have a great day.

Bill

When the 06 gets here, just have them swap mirrors with your 05. If they are the non-camper style they are a carryover from last year. Even at that, they should replace exactly what they sold you in the first place.

I just looked on e-bay, the prices have went up. I paid $170 for the pair and now they are going for $220. Also during my search I went directly to the manufactor site and at the time the manufactor site had prices higher than the guy on e-bay. Looks like the guy on e-bay may now be matching the manufactors price.

Hope you find what you need. Have a great day.

Bill

Thanks for the responses everyone.

As far as switching the mirrors with my '05, I wish it was that easy. When in the final stages of Lemon Law resolution, at least here in Florida, you cannot alter the returning vehicle at all once the dispute is settled. You have an opportunity to remove accessories you've added as long as they don't leave holes or marks in the paint, but once you've settled, that's it. I tried to get my dealer to allow the swap, but no go.

Someone asked what was the dispute about. Right now, everything is hush-hush until final closing. Basically, I won the dispute, but I'm not suppose to really discuss details until the final exchange is done. At the rate we're going, my '06 will be an antique. Let's just say, that as much as I love my GM trucks, it's hard to believe how hard GM tries to drive your head in the mud during a Lemon Law dispute. I just hope that none of you folks or anyone I know has to ever endure the torture. I seriously believe they intentionally drive you crazy to beat you into submission. I'm sorry, I will get off my soapbox now.

Archived